Ramp down / Set off

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Msrk, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Msrk

Msrk

I have a two key input by the front door. I use one of the keys as a master switch to turn off all the lights as I leave the house.

I can get it to work on a short or long push when combined with a ramp off (set as a custom function and 'ramp off' as a key function) but I cannot get it to work with the Off function.

I have defined the area 'All lights' on my dimmers and relays. This appears as a group on the key input unit.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Msrk, Oct 18, 2007
  2. Msrk

Don

Using rampoff is the correct way to achieve this operation. Offkey will only work if the (internally represented) group state of the key is NOT already OFF. If you had something else on the network turning ON the area group at some stage, then offkey would work, but it is very practical in this case. Rampoff and Recall1 or Recall2 will all always transmit irrespective of the group state, so will all work for this application.

Another way to achieve this is to make the all off key a scene key and build a scene with the groups and / or area addresses needed. This could be more flexible.

Don, Oct 18, 2007
Ask a Question