R7s Dimmable LEDs

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by SgrAystar, May 26, 2020.

1. SgrAystar

SgrAystar

Apologies if this has been covered under the many LED discussions, but so far I have not found an answer.

I have 15 exterior light fittings using 240V linear halogen lamps, 9 on dimmers (L5508D1A) and 6 on relays (L5512RVF).
    The lamps are getting thinner on the ground at 60W to match the light fittings, and the 80W run a little hot so I have resorted to setting max 70% on the dimmer channel, although I am not sure if it makes any practical difference.

Does anyone know of local retail supply of compatible LEDs for R7s lampholders?

Ledvance produces a Parathom Dim Line product ( www.ledvance.com/dim ) but locally I have only seen non-dimmable.

Cheers

SgrAystar, May 26, 2020
  2. SgrAystar

chromus

Ur unlikely to see LEDvance selling much beyond very basic here as Bunnings has picked them up as a brand and they have strict clauses in their contracts which limits where they end up being sold elsewhere.

chromus, May 28, 2020
  3. SgrAystar

SgrAystar

I have ordered a couple from a local company. Their 'in stock' turned into 4 weeks delivery from the UK but I'll have a couple to try.

SgrAystar, May 29, 2020
  4. SgrAystar

SgrAystar

For anyone interested, I tried a couple of Ledvance/Osram Parathom Dim Line 4058075811874 which appear OK.

With a single lamp on the channel and setting the level from toolkit, it started around level 20, once started it dimmed down very low, turning off around level 5. Not linear down the bottom but no sign of flickering from 5 minutes testing.

SgrAystar, Jun 25, 2020
Ask a Question