Quick Toggle in Toolkit 1.1.4

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by thelauman, Jan 12, 2005.

1. thelauman

thelauman

Hi just a quick question,

Had a bit of a look round on the new C-busToolkit and was wondering if there was still a quick toggle function (as in the old V2 software). If so where and how can this be accessed. From my preliminary lookabout i couldnt seem to find it.

Anyways Cheers in advance.

thelauman, Jan 12, 2005
  2. thelauman

Duncan

Not quite the same as "Quick Toggle" but when you select the Groups Node in the Project Manager you can then select a Group in the list that appears and toggle the state of the Group with the Set Group On and Set Group Off Buttons.

Hope this helps.. please let me know if the V2 Quick Toggle was more functional/useful and what you use it for.. if we can identify some usage scenarios we could add some features to cater for them.

Duncan, Jan 12, 2005
  3. thelauman

thelauman

Thanks Duncan for your swift response.

The tip you gave did to what i need, however my use for this function is to facilitate in programming a house that is already fitted off, or programming a install that was only initially set in learn mode. It helps identify what channels control what loads and to verify whether the channel is labelled correctly.

eg. if on the programming page for say a dimmer you could have a quick toggle button next to the channel name, you could name it and then quick toggle it to identify if the correct load turned on. (as sometimes channels get switched around during fit off and something labelled ensuite may be on the channel for bedroom)

Ideally this would be useful to me particulary as i am connecting to the programming laptop wirelessly and can roam around an install and control the quick toggle in the actual room in which im trying to identify the channel.

Hmm... i belive that this is a VERY useful function, particularly for troubleshooting, where the traditional way of having someone in the room yell out "lights on" while another is at the board physically quick toggling the channels.

Perhaps this could be on a summary page/section in the toolbox software could be a panel listing all output units and their channels, and a quick toggle button for each channel for easy access and identification of channels in the install.

thelauman, Jan 13, 2005
  4. thelauman

Duncan

Thanks,

There's some good ideas in there.. I particularly like the idea of quick toggle being available from within the Unit GUI's. I'll log these suggestions as we're currently planning the 1.2 release.

Duncan, Jan 13, 2005
  5. thelauman

marka

quick toggle

duncan

the new software is great
    the quick toggle in v2 was great when going from room to room
    as "the lauman" said
    hope it can be added

thanks

marka, Jan 14, 2005
  6. thelauman

Duncan

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the positive comments.

Quick Toggle will definitely be back soon!

Duncan, Jan 14, 2005
  7. thelauman

thelauman

heya again fellows,

on a seperate topic, duncan, another feature that would be really cool would be for an 'identification mode' for input units. one scenario that i have dealt with several times involves an installation with everything fitted off and programmed in learn mode OR where the input unit's part name was not set and say 100 4 key gangs ALL have a name as NEWUNIT. As you can guess the problem is identifying which unit is where... (a frustrating task to say the least).

An idea might be to have an "identification mode or button" in the toolkit (input unit GUI) where when enabled a distinct pattern of lights flash on the unit so you can id it. A job i did i had about 25 PIRs on seperate floors of a multi floor building and had to have a person standing next to each PIR one at a time on a 2 way radio telling me when the indicator light turned on as i was setting each and every one until the applicable PIR lit up.

if id mode was on (for eg. a 4 key gang) the indicator lights might flash one at a time or all flash on off so you could at least walk around and see it and labell it properly. i am aware that if the job was properly planned and conducted then everything would be labelled properly to begin with if not with some documentation... however in the real world i am finding this scare if at all!!!!

apart from that might there be any other ideas as to ID unlabelled units on a job that have already been fitted off. (one laborious one is to take all units off and add one at a time and program it accordingly but this is too time consuming.. any ideas chaps...?)

what do u think....

thelauman, Jan 14, 2005
  8. thelauman

Duncan

Answered here

Duncan, Jan 14, 2005
Ask a Question