Quick Start Learn Mode on Dimmers & Relays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by industeq, Oct 21, 2009.

1. industeq

industeq

I have wired up multiple dimmers & relays to the lighting circuit and testing via the manual override and all fine.
    Now I am in the process in wiring all the low voltage Neo, Saturn and several bus couplers tied to regular wall switches.

Question is if I go and use the Quick start learn mode to quickly program (without programming thru the C-Bus tool-kit) some of the switches, what will happen when I plug in thru the CNI to program with the C-Bus Tool-Kit?

Is it a waste of time to use the quick learn function if the end result will be to use the Tool-Kit ?

If it can be done will the Tool-Kit pick up the settings?

Regards
    Alan Dobbs
    Industeq, Inc.

industeq, Oct 21, 2009
  2. industeq

Newman

Learn Mode will get your system up and running. Toolkit will pick up all the configured settings when you scan the network, so your efforts won't be wasted.

The biggest thing you'll notice is that all the group addresses will get their default names (Group 1, Group 2...). It will be up to you to give them more meaningful names in Toolkit.

Newman, Oct 21, 2009
Ask a Question