Question re dead L5508D1A dimmer

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by deedar, Oct 29, 2011.

1. deedar

deedar

hi all
    newbie here so please be patient :)

I have a small Cbus system with only two eight channel dimmers.

One of the dimmers died last week and though I can still see it on my network it is not getting any mains power to it (Clipsal software confirms that and obviously all the lights on that channel don't work). the other dimmer unit is fine.
    The dead unit does NOT have the inbuilt cbus power supply. The working unit takes care of that.

my question is based on the fact I can get another dimmer with power supply built in quite cheap (if anything Cbus can be claimed as cheap!)

Can I have two dimmers with power supply on my network or do I have to replace the dead one with an exact same unit (ie no power supply).

hope that all makes sense for what is probably a really simple question!

cheers

Darren

deedar, Oct 29, 2011
  2. deedar

Newman

Provided the C-Bus network has been wired in accordance with it's directions, it is capable of having up to 2000mA of power supply on it's network. Each C-Bus Dimmer or Relay module that includes a C-Bus power supply can provide up to 200mA to the network. This means that up to 10 x DIN Dimmer or Relay units with in-built C-Bus power supplies can be connected to a single network at a time.

Replacing your L5508D1AP with an L5508D1A will be fine.

Newman, Oct 29, 2011
  3. deedar

deedar

many thanks newman. I appreciate the speedy response

cheers

darren

deedar, Oct 29, 2011
Ask a Question