Question from a novice user

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tuly, Apr 1, 2006.

1. tuly

tuly

Hello

I have a C-Bus system controlling all the lighting in the house.

On two occasions I have had a light (one a 100 watt globe and the second time a 150 watt spotlight) blow out.

When I?ve replaced the globe and spot I cannot get them to turn back on using the c-bus controls. I assume there is nothing wrong with the wiring as they worked fine before and I've checked the globes mutiple times.

I am wondering if something could be happening with the c-bus relays, resetting the controls or something so they don?t turn on.

I have neo switches and an lcd panel and these indicate that the lights turn on in the normal way. I have circuit breakers etc & everything seems Ok in that regard.

Is there something I?m missing about what might happen at the level of the c-bus relay or background settings when there is a blown light globe?

Thanks for any ideas. Tuly

tuly, Apr 1, 2006
  2. tuly

wanricky

Just look at the indicator on the relay itself. If it is ON, check the voltage of the output. If there is no voltage, the channel maybe dead. your electrician can perform other normal checking (bypass the switches, check neutral...etc) on the relay and see if there is other problem.

Indicator on the Relay tells the real state of the output. Indicators on input units tell you the C-bus state of the channel,which may be overrided by local toggles on the relay.

wanricky, Apr 1, 2006
  3. tuly

rhamer

If it's a dimmer and not a relay (just a guess)

You may have inadvertently set a really low dim level into memory when fiddling with the switches after the globe blew.

Try holding your finger on the neo button for a few seconds, releasing it and holding it down again and see if it dims up.

rhamer, Apr 2, 2006
Ask a Question