Question about Wiser 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dynajet, Feb 12, 2022.

1. dynajet

dynajet

I have a 10 year old CBUS system. The system has been working great. I have a Wiser 1 and the only logic program I have in it is for turning on my driveway and walk lighting at sunset and off at 11PM. If I delete this program from the Wiser do I still need the wiser to run my CBUS system or can it be removed? My concern is when I sell my home that the buyer will not have any clue on how to program the system.

I am an electrical engineer and I designed the system myself and guided the electrical contractor on how to install the system while the house was being built.

I live in North Carolina and I don't know of anyone who can maintain the system.

Thanks for any help.

dynajet, Feb 12, 2022
  2. dynajet

Ashley

Assuming the Wiser isn't providing the burden or only clock then removing it will not affect the rest of the system. However if it is the only Interface (i.e. no other CNI or PCI), them removing it will also remove any possibility of the new owner getting access to the system without additional expense.

If you have no particular reason for removing it why bother? The Wiser is a very simple way of controlling a CBus system from a smart phone both locally and remotely which should be a good selling point. If you are not doing this at the moment, it is very quick and simple to set up.

Ashley, Feb 12, 2022
  3. dynajet

dynajet

Thanks for your response. I do have a CNI module. My concern is if the wiser fails the system still runs except for the driveway and walk lighting which can be manually turned on/off from my switch.

dynajet, Feb 13, 2022
  4. dynajet

Ashley

So disconnect it and see what happens :)

Ashley, Feb 13, 2022
Ask a Question