Q: C-Bus security Application, status report 1?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by ismu, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ismu

ismu

Hi, I have a question concerning the Status report 1 cmd.

If I have this scenario : A zone is sealed and short. The zone status is considered sealed (%00). Then, the zone become tampered so, the zone status is changed to zone open(%10). When the zone goes back from "zone open" and become a zone short, the zone status should indicate zone short(%11) but the zone is also sealed... So should I put zone sealed or zone short?

My opinion is to put a zone status of %00 when the zone is not sealed or not open and never use the zone short. But I'm not sure if it's a good way to do this because I don't know how will react a module that is using the security application (I only use the Devkit).

Does a C-Bus module that use the security application will remember that a zone remain sealed(because it neved received unsealed) when it receive a zone open/short status or it only consider the last status of the zone received( so a zone cannot be sealed/unsealed and open/short in the same time).

Can you help me to understand how to analyze this cmd.

Thanks

ismu, Mar 6, 2007
  2. ismu

ashleigh Moderator

A device that receives a status report 1 should look at that, and only that. It should ignore any previous "status report 1" that it may have received.

So, the security panel should always report in "status report 1" what it currently thinks is happening.

ashleigh, Mar 7, 2007
Ask a Question