Push

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by jboer, Apr 4, 2015.

1. jboer

jboer

jboer, Apr 4, 2015
  2. jboer

Roosta

Push is a seperate control box.. No need for a wiser if all you want is basic lighting control off your ipad.. Just use a push controller and a pc interface..

However I think I still prefer the Wiser for CBUS control.. But am kinda sitting on the fence due to the AV and other stuff that push can do and bring back to a single app.. The controllers them selves have IR, ethernet, serial and dry contact IO built in to them.. So most of the AV stuff is still reliant on the IR emitter type thing, which in my experience have only every been moderately reliable.. Ethernet is provided for both allowing control of devices such as security/surveillance, but also for allowing the interfacing device to access the controller.. And obviously serial rs232 for other devices, such as cbus and other lighting control, some av, Etc.. And the dry contacts can be used for basic lighting, load or curtain control..

From a business perspective, while push is getting access to all of schneiders marketting and sales strengths, they are still remaining their own 'business' ie sales and training etc is still all through them and their push certified channel..

Cheers..

Roosta, Apr 4, 2015
  3. jboer

Memphix

Maybe you would say no need for Push if you only need C-Bus control ?

Wiser is a quick setup solution typically with a default GUI. Wiser 2 allowing modifiable scenes etc. I would say it is not required if you need a Push box/control however.:D

Memphix, Apr 13, 2015
  4. jboer

Robbo_VIC

We install a Push controller at pretty much every house we do. It's a great product and the software guys are always creating modules to interface with other products. The only issue with doing adding cbus control to the app is the time it takes. You need to manually type in each Group Address when you drag a button in so if you have a big project, its not as simple as dragging the widgets in with PICED

Robbo_VIC, Apr 21, 2015
  5. jboer

Roosta

And it doesn't support CBUS Multi Room Audio at this point in time I have recently been told..

Roosta, Apr 21, 2015
Ask a Question