Purchased house with cbus2, no one knows how to operate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dkmajm, Dec 9, 2018.

1. dkmajm

dkmajm

hi purchased an ex display home it has cbus2, the basic stuff they showed us but said they didn’t know much more about it, including adjusting time and date (as the small screens around the house are out), is there manuals,I can download, I’m sure the system is capable of great things but need somewhere to start, thanks in advance, Darren

dkmajm, Dec 9, 2018
  2. dkmajm

Trevor

Hi Darren,
    go to the Clipsal website they have an lot of information about C-bus, in relation to your - (as the small screens around the house are out),not sure what this means but if they are missing you would need to find replacements. If it's just the power not connected you will need the correct power supply for the type of unit you have there.
    I can help you out more if you provide some extra information about the units, IE model (on back)/how many pins the power plug has also tells me the model If you need them repaired I can do that also.
    regards
    Trevor

Trevor, Dec 9, 2018
  3. dkmajm

dkmajm

Hi Trevor I meant the little screens in each room where the switches for lights and fans etc are have a small lcd screen it has wrong time and date and don’t know how to fix.

Any links to the manuals would
    Be appreciated

Darren

dkmajm, Dec 9, 2018
  4. dkmajm

Trevor

Hi Again,
    I'd need a model number for the System as there are a lot of C-bus control systems, I only deal with CTC Color Touch models 1, 2 and 3

try...
    https://www.clipsal.com/Trade/Support

Trevor, Dec 9, 2018
  5. dkmajm

Ashley

These sound like DLT (Dynamic Labelling Technology) switches. Then have an lcd screen and 5 buttons on the right hand side. To set the time press and hold the bottom button for 10 seconds and it will go into set time mode. Then use the top button to swap between hours and minutes, and the next two buttons to increment/decrement. Press OK when done. This will then broadcast the time to all other units.

Ashley, Dec 10, 2018
  6. dkmajm

dkmajm

Ashley I think your correct but holding the bottom button does nothing, the button can pushed in or pulled out, tried on all 5 units, any more ideas

dkmajm, Dec 10, 2018
  7. dkmajm

Ashley

Post a picture of the switches. There are no cbus devices where the switches can be pulled out!

Ashley, Dec 10, 2018
  8. dkmajm

MichaelD

I think these are probably eDLT switches, the buttons are rockers, so it will feel like the right edge of the switch can be pulled out, same effect as pressing the left edge of the switch.

Assuming its an eDLT, set the time by going to the tools menu, to get to that menu, press the left side of the bottom switch, keep it pressed, then double press the right edge of the top switch.

MichaelD, Dec 17, 2018
  9. dkmajm

allanf

where are you?

allanf, Dec 26, 2018
Ask a Question