PulseCBusLevel Bug

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Ashley, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Ashley

Ashley

The PulseCbusLevel command sets a group address to the specified level, then after the delay sets it to the final level. If you issue another PulseCBusLevel command before the first timer expires, it successfully resets the timer to the new time interval, but when the timer expires it sets the ga to the original final level, not the new final level. e.g. in the follow test code:

PulseCBusLevel("Local", "Lighting", "Study", 30%, "0s", "0:00:10", 100%);
    Delay("0:0:5");
    PulseCBusLevel("Local", "Lighting", "Study", 0%, "0s", "0:00:10", 50%);

The ga is initially set to 30% and a 10 second timer started with a 100% expiry value
    After 5 seconds, the ga is set to 0% and a 10 second timer started with a 50% expiry value.

After a further 10 seconds when the second timer expires, the ga is set to original final value of 100% and not 50% as expected.

I assume this is not the intended behaviour?

It works fine if you cancel the timer before the second pulse command as follows:

PulseCBusLevel("Local", "Lighting", "Study", 30%, "0s", "0:00:10", 100%);
    Delay("0:0:5");
    SetLightingLevel("Study", 0%, "0s"); // Cancel timer
    PulseCBusLevel("Local", "Lighting", "Study", 0%, "0s", "0:00:10", 50%);

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
    Ashley, Nov 17, 2012
  2. Ashley

NickD Moderator

I've just tested this.. it works correctly in the PAC, but I get the behaviour you describe when I test it in PICED.

Can you confirm you are seeing this behaviour in PICED (or Homegate/S+) and not in one of the embedded logic devices (CTouch Mk2, Wiser, PAC, etc)?

Nick

NickD, Nov 19, 2012
  3. Ashley

Ashley

Hi Nick

I am seeing this behaviour in PICED. I haven't tried downloading it to the Touch Screen or Wiser yet. Never occurred to me it might be different! I assume it should be consistent though.

Ashley, Nov 19, 2012
  4. Ashley

NickD Moderator

Thanks.

I've logged this in the system, issue #24713.

Nick

NickD, Nov 19, 2012
Ask a Question