Pronto RFX9600 rs232 control?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by remotesolutions, May 20, 2007.

1. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

Hi everyone,

I spent a great deal of time last friday trying to control some blinds and lighting group addresses in a clients media room using the new philip's Pronto 9600 and it's serial extender the rfx 9600. I had no joy. I have set the parameters correct as far as I know, Baud rate 9600, stop bit 1, no parity etc. The cbus protocol paperwork refers to a start bit of 1, The pronto software does not mention or give you any option on the start bit. I have enterted my string \0538007913#13 Turning on decimal group address 19 to 100% instantly. No success. I have opened Hyperterminal and captured the strings from the network, copy and pasted. No success. I have used Elan VIA tools to generate the strings, copy and pasted. No success. Lighting apps is 38 on my cbus network, my PCI is set to smart mode etc. I have checked evrything as far as I can see but with no luck. If it helps I have opened toolkit whilst connected to the cbus network and and have sent the rs232 commands from the phillips controller and have not seen those group address's in the application log when pressed from the philips.There does seem to be some traffic though as the LED's on the PC INTERFACE flash rapidly upon receiving the RS232 commands, just no action after that. Can anyone help.

Cheers Gavin...

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2007
    remotesolutions, May 20, 2007
  2. remotesolutions

Mr Mark

Gavin,
    It may have been a typo, but check your baud rate - it should be 9600 not 9800.

Mark

Mr Mark, May 20, 2007
  3. remotesolutions

Sergio

Try RAMP instead ON

C-bus dont send ON command to network if target group already ON. If you first turn off your group by means local override button, C-bus can think, that that group ON and dont send any messages.

Try /0538000213FF #13, or send OFF message first.

Also I suggest you to obtain public release C-Bus protocol from Cbus Enabled (it is free). Maybe, you first have to send to PCI initialization strings, or use checksum calculation.

Sergio, May 20, 2007
  4. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

Round 2

Hi Everyone,

It was just a typo Mr Mark, thanks mate I was using Baud 9600. I had Tech support on the blower and we tried just about everything. Using Hyperterminal recieving and sending commands works fine. copy and paste those codes into pronto and nothing. In the pronto software there is a small drop down menu with different symbols, which according to Qualifi needed to be added to the string for pronto to work. Eg: \r (carriage return), or \x (Hex byte), tried both with no luck. Qualifi have informed me that they are fairly sure that the guys at C-Bus Enabled have a unit and are testing things now, so I hope they have more luck than I have so far. Also there is a post on Remote central that there will be 2 way communication with C-Bus , Dynalite and possibly HPM in the next Firmware upgrade, not sure if anyone can confirm this though. Any way If anyone has any ideas or if you need more info, please let me know. will post you on how I get on...

Cheers Gavin...

remotesolutions, May 21, 2007
  5. remotesolutions

Phil.H

DCE v's DTE

Just be real careful of your equipment clasifications and therefore data pinout. A PC (from memory is DCE) your pronto may be DTE therefore it may be as simple as a changeover connector / lead to get transmit and receive data pins (2 &3) in the correct arrangment.

When I stuff around with RS232 I stuff around with cables and connections as much as the serial packets themselves.

Phil.H, May 21, 2007
  6. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

Update...

Hi Everyone, Just a quick note on the RS232 commands for cBus just received a program that will generate Clipsal CBus commands from Inserting netwok #, Application, ramp or on/off, to what level and hit create RS232 command. The strings that this genearates dre relativly different from what I have been generating, but I will give them a go anyway.

I will try the lead. the port on the back of the pronto is a male, I am using a straight thru 9-9 pin lead. I hope this right.

keep you postrd.

Gavin.....

remotesolutions, May 22, 2007
  7. remotesolutions

TheDuck

All in the details

A little bird told me to try an additional back slash at the beginning of your string. " \\ " :)

TheDuck, May 23, 2007
  8. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

Problem solved

Hi Guys, all problems solved. The little birdy was right, there is an extra back slash at the start of the string. In fact the strings actually bare little resemblance to what I was using or what was suggested from adelaide, although there input was still greatly appreciated as always. EG: \\0538000A13FFA7g\r string code for ramping group address 19 to 100% over 4 secs. There is a little C-Bus RS232 string generator program which some clever person has written, in which I came across that takes all the hard work out of creating the strings. This software works with the New pronto RFX9600 controller from phillips and also the RTI range of controls. Many Thanks to all who posted,feels great to get a win.

Cheers Gavin...

remotesolutions, May 23, 2007
  9. remotesolutions

nickrusanov

nickrusanov, May 24, 2007
  10. remotesolutions

xrmichael

Programme

Does anyone know how to get hold of the cbus programme mentioned in this thread

xrmichael, Jul 17, 2007
  11. remotesolutions

Custom

RTI/Pronto RS-232 Applet

Send me a PM with your email address and I will forward the program to you.

Cheers

Custom, Jul 17, 2007
  12. remotesolutions

Mr Mark

Update?

Hello Gavin.

Has there been any update on 2 way serial comms yet?
    If so, has any one used it.... comments?

Regards,

Mark

Mr Mark, Jan 8, 2008
  13. remotesolutions

nickrusanov

any news on this very interesting 2-way question?)

nickrusanov, Feb 2, 2008
  14. remotesolutions

Nathan

Rti

We met with RTI two weeks ago and the new two way Cbus should be out in there T2C-S in the first quarter this year. It will require either the new Processor xp8 or the MRP-64.

Nathan, Feb 3, 2008
  15. remotesolutions

desd

Hi Folks

Can any one point me in the direction of the C-Bus RS232 string generator program mentioned in this thread?

my email is: [email protected]

Thank you

desd, Apr 10, 2008
  16. remotesolutions

nickrusanov

Could you give a contact in RTI to speak about this C-Bus driver?

nickrusanov, Apr 10, 2008
  17. remotesolutions

ltlbigchief

desd

I just emailed you a copy of it.

I actualy wrote it for RTI on the Gold Coast, but you can use it for anything.

Also have one for HAL 1006 RS232 strings.....

Have Fun!

ltlbigchief, Jun 16, 2008
  18. remotesolutions

MR shood

program

i have it also for working on RTI remotes
    very easy to use
    if someone asks i can email them the program, im not too sure on how to set it up as an atttachment on this forum,

MR shood, Jun 18, 2008
  19. remotesolutions

MR shood

edit: cbus to rs232

heres the cbus program

Attached Files:

MR shood, Jun 18, 2008
  20. remotesolutions

inpowers

Thanks Mr shood

Muck appreciated.

regards