Programming for alarm panel intergration

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Dak, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Dak

Dak

Hello again,

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm after some information on how to integrate my Paradox alarm panel to CBus. Are there any Cbus documents or tutorial available or examples of trigger control code?

My Paradox Alarm System will finally be able to communicate with CBus via my PCI interface - (After an update to the PCB and an updated CBus interface card to the alarm panel).

I am after some simple integration - I have numerous IR motion detectors around the home and would like them, when triggered, to trigger a group address in CBus so that I can trigger an event such as turn a light on etc. How do I go about this in toolkit? How do I setup the group addresses? what application type do i use? etc etc.

Also I have a color touchscreen near the front door and would like to be able to have a single button on the touch screen that when pressed (and the appropriate security code entered) would turn off the lights at night (if on) and then "arm" the alarm. Conversly when I come home to be able to press a single button (and enter the appropriate security code) that would turn the lights on and then "disarm" the alarm.

Again - I am after how I might achieve the arm and disarm of the alarm - what group addresses do i need to set up etc to allow for this to occur?

I think I am ok with the PICED code (or at least with the logic) - This is what I have on the touchpanel so far:

Press a button on the touchpanel "Leaving Home" ---> This brings up the "security touchpad" on the touchscreen ---> If you enter the correct code the touchpanel would initiate a scene which would turn the lights on or off and trigger the alarm to arm or disarm. I guess I will need to know the state of the alarm (is it armed or disarmed) also..

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Dak

Dak, Jul 11, 2008
  2. Dak

florence

C-Bus to Paradox

Hey Dak

Have a look at the Paradox website, for a product called the APR3-PRT3. This is the Paradox to C-Bus interface device. Not supported by Clipsal, but with reasonable documentation on their (Paradox) website. I have used it, it is a bit "clumpy", but it works. Two way comms between C-Bus and Paradox.
    Chris

florence, Jul 29, 2008
  3. Dak

Dak

Thank You for your reply Chris,

I actually emailed Paradox (they have always been very helpful) and they were able to provide some documentation about the interface.

Now to make some sense of it. :) I will actually have an expert onsite doing the interface installation and programing. I am the end user - but I always like to know that I could do the programming myself if I ever needed to.

Thanks again for the reply.

Dak

Dak, Aug 7, 2008
  4. Dak

tobex

I was always more at home with bus-couplers and a generic alarm offering dry contacts. The last thing I want is firmware stalling a function.

tobex, Aug 9, 2008
Ask a Question