programing time switch for lights

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by built4thrashing, Aug 5, 2007.

1. built4thrashing

built4thrashing

As im a beginner at programing C-BUS could someone shed some light on how to programing lights to turn on at a certain time each day and operate as a timer to turn off after a set time period.

what i want to do is set the stair lights to turn on at 11pm and then turn off (using a timer) after 7 hours. Currently im just switching them on when i go to bed and timer is turning them off.

if it works ill adapt this to operate the outside lights ( LEDs )

Thanx Jayson

built4thrashing, Aug 5, 2007
  2. built4thrashing

znelbok

you will need one of these
    a - a PAC
    b - a clock module
    c - Homegate
    d - touchscreen
    e - other HA software

If you have an outdoor PIR then you can use the sunset to Sunrise feature and use it to turn on the outdoor lights at sunset.

Mick

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2007
    znelbok, Aug 5, 2007
  3. built4thrashing

built4thrashing

it seems its not as simple as i'd hoped. the system so far is 3 x 8 ch dimmers, 1 x 12 ch relay, 2 x DLT saturm switches, clasic switches, and PC interface connected to a dedicated PC operating toolkit 1.6.1.

I thought about doing it using a PE cell as a supply to several relay inputs but id have to dedicat half a dimmer module to exterior lights. this would only allow these lights to operate at dark times. What if i wanted these lights to work during daylight times?

any help would be apreciated.

perfer to set things on a time scedule.

built4thrashing, Aug 5, 2007
  4. built4thrashing

pbelectrical

What training have you done.

My first question is have you done any of the c-bus training courses, if we know a bit of back ground we can pitch our answers at the right level.

Second is why do you have a dedicted P.C. just to run toolkit, this is not necessary, instead you could install homegate which would allow you to run scenes, schedules and logic sequences. Alternatively ditch the P.C. and install either a PAC or a touch screen. Once you have the ability to create schedules, scenes and run logic functions virtually any scenario that you can imagine can be catered for.

pbelectrical, Aug 6, 2007
  5. built4thrashing

built4thrashing

I updated the family computer as the old one was gettinga bit slow but still worked fine.
    I haven't done any c-bus courses as work doesnt allow enough time to do it and i dont do this style of work regulary. As an electricial i have had some experiance in control wiring and climate control systems in domestic heating and airconditioning (i work in the industry for a family buisiness) so phisical wiring is not a problem but the computer programing is something completely alien to me.

hope that helps . Jayson

built4thrashing, Aug 7, 2007
Ask a Question