Program an all off button

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tspark, Jan 27, 2010.

1. tspark

tspark

I am trying to work out how to configure an all-off button to ensure all my cbus channels are switched off when leaving the house. Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find any instructions on how to achieve this. Ideally, i'd like the button LED to light if any cbus channels are active.

tspark, Jan 27, 2010
  2. tspark

znelbok

You can use the area group to turn everything off, but that is not really supported by the community anymore - everyone recomends that you use scenes (which I think is wrong and cumbersome).

To have a LED on if any group is on, you would probably have to use a PAC and write some logic in it to achieve this

Mick

znelbok, Jan 27, 2010
  3. tspark

Don

Nothing wrong with area group for turning all loads in an application (for example: lighting) OFF; that's what it's there for.

What is a problem is when area addressing is used to control subsets of the groups in an application - for that, scenes are much better suited.

Don, Jan 27, 2010
Ask a Question