Professional Home Automation Australia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conformist, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Conformist

Conformist

Please, Admins if you are not happy with this post then feel free to remove it... but I hope you don't

I've been using C-Bus for nearly 25 years and still love it! IMHO, it's still the best system on the market. I've worked as a Systems Integrator and also an Offer Manager (a kind of a other name for Product Manager) for Schneider Electric as well as an electrician. Several years ago, I decided to leave Schneider when the opportunity presented and go back to simple electrical work (I'm actually first an electrical contractor). I didn't want to even do automation when I left. It didn't take me long however to be dragged back into the industry I really love and am passionate about. I found there are some talented young guys itching to get into this industry but are finding it hard to break through the some of the fences we un-intentionally put up. I've been mentoring for the last year or so and have discovered that I need to give back even more. I'm always posting on a heap of forums trying to assist others where I can. I looked for a decent Facebook group for Home Automation in Australia and joined a group with the name 'Home Automation Australia'. I was disappointed to find it was pretty much all guys talking about DIY products and didn't mention any real integration. Kinda reminded me of the old X10 days (for any of you old enough to remember those ;-)

Anyway, now that you know the back-story, I'll come to the point. I've (just) started a group that is not manufacturer centric. I know this forum here, allows posts about other products but is essentially about C-Bus. Whilst most who come to this group are willing to help others, I'm keen to provide more of a mentoring platform so we can all become more familiar with the high-level integration of systems. I feel there is still a lot to learn and just when I feel I'm about to reach the peak, I find a whole lot of new products and ways to integrate that humble me.

This is an open invitation to join the group 'Professional Home Automation Australia' found on Facebook (not my favorite platform, but it seems to be the most readily available for this purpose). If you search that name, you should find it and once a member, can freely share about any systems integration you may like to. I plan to share all of my discoveries (I'm not one of those guys who refuses to hand-over files to customers) and even if you don't do the same, I'm happy for you to use mine as long as you don't claim them as your own.

Thanks for taking the time to read this painfully long post and I hope to see you there soon.

Cheers

Chris Morris

Conformist, Apr 18, 2019
    znelbok, Ashley and Damaxx like this.
  2. Conformist

DarylMc

I could not find the group on Facebook

DarylMc, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Conformist

Conformist

Conformist, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Conformist

DarylMc

That works.
    Thanks
    I will keep an eye on what's happening there.

DarylMc, Apr 18, 2019
    Conformist likes this.
  5. Conformist

fleetz

Hi Chris,

Good on you for mentoring a professional HA Group here in Oz.

Just requested to join the group...

Ian

fleetz, May 5, 2019
Ask a Question