Problems with Tookit 1.4.0

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by lorenthehaloboy, May 29, 2006.

1. lorenthehaloboy

lorenthehaloboy

I am sure people have brought these up, but as its my first real look at this version, thought I would jot some info down.

When editing a switch, if when in a drop down box choosing a group (or function), and you start to type a group name, it comes up with the full name highlighted as you type. If at that point, like in windows, you hit the TAB key, it actually reverts back from the new group, to the old one.

When editing a DLT, and you TAB through the Groups, it goes from Key 1, Key 1 Function, Key 3, Key 3 Function etc. It doesnt go 1, 2, 3, 4, it goes 1, 3, 2, 4.

As for features that would be useful, the windows acting like other windows. eg. When you open a unit in the database to edit, it would be great to be able to hit ESC if you want to cancel that screen (eg if you just opened it to look at something. Currently, you then have to move the mouse and hit the cancel button)

Other things have been brought up before, but things like being able to select multiple switches, and set the same indicator status etc for all of them. When we are putting in 30 DLTS, would be great not to have to set each of them to 10% brightness for the indicators, for each and everyone of them.

Thats all for the moment *grin*

Thanks

lorenthehaloboy, May 29, 2006
  2. lorenthehaloboy

PSC

CIS are aware of these issues and I'm sure (no pressure) Duncan will have them sorted in the next version of Toolkit due for release...

a. Tomorrow

b. By the end of the week

c. Every fool knows that CIS never announce due for release dates SO STOP FRIKIN' ASKING! :p

PSC, May 29, 2006
  3. lorenthehaloboy

JohnC

I agree, one thing that I would really love is the ability to set "global defaults". For example, Neos have the Indicators set for Orange, but usually I'd like them to all be Blue. There are heaps of "common things" that we need to set manually for every device, but it'd be great if we could apply a preset across all devices on a particular project.

JC

JohnC, May 29, 2006
  4. lorenthehaloboy

Dave Byron

Dave Byron, May 30, 2006
  5. lorenthehaloboy

Duncan

Duncan, May 30, 2006
  6. lorenthehaloboy

daniel C-Busser Moderator

thanks Loren, all of those issues have been recorded in our systems. Keep the feedback coming :)

daniel, May 30, 2006
Ask a Question