Problems with SchedulePlus and C-Gate

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by sjfp, Nov 27, 2008.

1. sjfp

sjfp

Hi
    I am still having problems on a large project using schedule plus. When using the network monitor i keep getting error sync's on various networks. I have looked a c-gate and see messages like orphaned command (suggest unit address conflict). I no we have no conflits on any network, so why are we getting these messages.
    Also
    If there is a problem on a network and schedule plus is carrying out a re-sync at the time, do any commands sent get through to the that network, so if a time schedule has do an all off to one building, but schedule plus is doing a re-sync will the command be carried out.
    Thanks for any help.

sjfp, Nov 27, 2008
  2. sjfp

Darren Senior Member

The sync is a "background process" and will not affect other commands.

Darren, Nov 27, 2008
  3. sjfp

NickD Moderator

The orphaned command replies are probably normal.

These come from newer units which reply to one of the initialisation commands sent where older units didn't reply. C-Gate does not expect the reply.. hence it reporting the "orphaned" command reply.

It is not a problem (unless they really are from duplicate units.. which in your case you say they are not), however they are misleading. I thought this had been fixed... what version of C-Gate is it?

Ignoring for now what you're seeing in C-Gate... what are the actual problems you are experiencing?

Nick

NickD, Nov 27, 2008
  4. sjfp

sjfp

Clipsal C-Gate(TM)V2.6.0 (Build 2213)
    Schedule Plus v3.9
    Toolkit 1.9.3

The problems seem to be when the network monitor is in re-sync on a network saying something like error, last sync unit 36 of 60. It does not appear that commands are beeing sent. The schedule plus has very few commands it mainley monitors the buildings, but we have all on/off's for 5 building, disbale PIR's time clocks and light level sensor adjustments. When the network monitor says OK for each network, all works, but if we do an all off say soom rooms still stay on. This might be because of the traffic on the network and the command is kept in a queue, but i need to be certain.
    Thanks For any help.

sjfp, Nov 28, 2008
  5. sjfp

Darren Senior Member

When you do an "all off" scene and some rooms stay on, what do you see in the C-Gate log? Are there any error messages saying the command failed?

I would suggest getting a recent copy of PICED, HomeGate or Schedule Plus and reading the Advanced Fault Diagnosis manual (C:\Clipsal\PICED\Manuals\Advanced Fault Diagnosis.pdf)

Darren, Nov 30, 2008
  6. sjfp

sjfp

Thanks for the input, i shall have a look at the doc

sjfp, Nov 30, 2008
  7. sjfp

______.

9 time out of 10 i've found that Schedule Plus comms issues have been a C-Bus network issue. Here are a few basics to check:
    1 : You need to check that you can run toolkit and scan into each network without any problems from the backbone. If it doesn't scan each time with toolkit it will have problems with Schedule Plus
    2 : Check you have burden on in each network
    3 : Check that the bridge has the clock turned off. In the past i have found this causes problems if you're using the bridge as the clock.
    4 : The usual stuff like voltage on the network. If it is marginal, even thou it's scanning at the time it might just dip once for it to lock-up C-Gate into an error state.

Have fun these problems can always be fun to work out :D

______., Dec 1, 2008
  8. sjfp

sjfp

Thanks
    I do like a challenge, life would be a boar if it worked all the time. But this one is now getting some what tedious.

sjfp, Dec 3, 2008
Ask a Question