Problems with Remote Override ON Triggering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwi64ajs, Mar 27, 2012.

1. kiwi64ajs

kiwi64ajs

Hi Guys,

I've had issues with some output modules switching on all their outputs randomly from time to time. Of course it usually happens during the night, but has happened at other times of the day as well.

Searching this forum for "remote" + "override" has yielded a number of similar threads with suggestions and we've been around each switchboard and re-terminated the RJ45 Plug on the incoming C-Bus cable so that the Remote ON/OFF pairs are NOT connected to the incoming C-Bus cable and that reduced the incidence considerably.

I've run the Diagnostics tool capturing the C-Bus traffic for days and checked the log at the time of the triggering and can confirm it is not a PAC program fault etc causing the false triggering, so I presume it is a false triggering of the Remote ON input. Now that I know what to look for I'll confirm it next time I catch it in the act... :)

However I've had two subsequent instances of output module "All Outputs ON" and wonder if there is a way to Disable or make the Remote ON/OFF inputs less sensitive to transients etc. and so I wonder if any of the following would be viable or possible solutions:

- Given that you have to connect the Remote ON/OFF input to the C-Bus (-) line to trigger it intentionally, would connecting it to the C-Bus (+) line more forcibly keep it in the non-triggered state?

- Would wiring capacitors across the Remote ON to C-Bus (-) pins and Remote OFF to C-Bus (-) help to filter false or transient caused triggering?

There are several modules in the switch board where the problem has been occurring and I think the module in question in the last two instances is still under warranty so I'll probably just get it replaced but wondered if there was something else I should get done to better prevent this from happening.

It would be nice if this feature could simply be Disabled in the module configuration with C-Bus Toolkit.

Regards

Alex Shepherd

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    kiwi64ajs, Mar 27, 2012
Ask a Question