Problems with new MRA

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by tom82, May 31, 2013.

1. tom82

tom82

Hi,

I have just installed my Matrix Switcher (the 2E version) plus a remote amplifier.

I have a few questions because it isn't all working quite correctly

1. I can change the source for the Zone (only zone 1 so far) on the front of the matrix switcher. This then changes the audio output on the amplifier (for example - I can play music from an ipod through the "local" source).

However, I cannot change the source from a DLT wall switch. I have configured a "Next source" group address and that corresponds with the next source on the amp, however the source doesn't change.

2. The Matrix switcher does not appear in a network scan in CBUS toolkit. I can successfully transfer MARPA files to the matrix switcher but it's almost as if it can't be detected on the CBUS network.

Any thoughts?

tom82, May 31, 2013
  2. tom82

tom82

Some further information:

When I disconnect the CBUS cable from the matrix switcher (the side going to the rest of the network - only about 16 CBUS units) then plug it back in, the matrix switcher works fine and can be controlled from the DLT switch for a short period of time - a couple of minutes.

After that, I can only control volume of the current source (presume this goes directly from the DLT to the Amplifier). I cannot change source.

If I unplug the CBUS cable from the Matrix switcher then replace, all is well again for a few minutes.

I have a CBUS clock and burden set on a dimmer unit (Address = 001).

tom82, May 31, 2013
Ask a Question