Problems with Date SystemIO

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Phil Summers, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Phil Summers

Phil Summers

I would be grateful for any suggestions on what the problem is with the way I am using a date-type user system IO. It all works fine on my laptop in simulation mode but once downloaded to the touchscreen, it fails to function. The original intention was to create a "return from holiday" date which would re-awaken the heating schedules.

To aid diagnosis I created a blank test page with one test component.

On the test page I placed a clock component whose properties are set to display a system IO time (system IO date is not presented as an option). The system IO properties tab is set to display the status of the user-defined date-type system IO variable called "test"). I note from the the help file that the B&W touchscreen can't cope with dates before 1/1/2000. Screenshots attached below.

In simulation mode on the laptop all is good. Transferred to the screen the component just displays 1/1/2000. In the original "Holiday Return Date" page, I was using the day/month/year increment/decrement button functions to change the system IO value. These buttons usually failed to change the date on the touchscreen though sometimes the date would jump to something in 2069. All worked flawlessly on the laptop.

In case it's relevant I have attached the Windows XP regional date/time option dialog.

Touchscreen is SC5000CTL2,WE
    Hardware version 1.0, Cbus firmware ver 5.1.00 Ctouch firmware ver 3.43.0 PICED 4.7.0.0

Any ideas?

Phil

Attached Files:

Phil Summers, Dec 12, 2009
  2. Phil Summers

NickD Moderator

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the detailed explanation... it looks like this is actually defect in the display of the Date type System IO... if you add a level component to monitor your date system IO variable.. you should see its value is actually changing when you nudge it... it's just not being displayed correctly.

I've entered this in our system - #18324. Hopefully we should be able to squeeze this into the next release.

Thanks,

Nick

NickD, Dec 13, 2009
  3. Phil Summers

Mark

What's 100 years amongst friends

Hi,

What's happening here is some confusion between PICED and B&W C-Touch with the base date. PICED uses days from 1/1/1900 and C-Touch uses days since 1/1/2000.

For now, you can work around this by setting the date of the User SysIO back 100 years in PICED. You'll need to set:
    - Min Date = 1/1/1900
    - Max Date = 21/12/1999
    - Value = Today's date - 100 years (14/12/1909 today)

We will get it tidied up so it all hangs together properly. Sorry for the hassle...
    Mark.

Mark, Dec 14, 2009
  4. Phil Summers

Phil Summers

I always knew I was 100 years ahead of my time....

Thanks for the speedy reply, I'll try the work-around.

Phil

Phil Summers, Dec 14, 2009
  5. Phil Summers

Phil Summers

Did this ever get fixed?

Hi

Did this ever get fixed?- I can't find a reference to #18324 in the PICED revision history.

The reason I ask is that I'm currently using the workaround you suggested (which does the trick). I may need to upgrade my Toolkit/PICED/CIRCA version. It would be useful to know if I will need to undo the workaround after the upgrade.

Cheers

Phil

Phil Summers, Feb 15, 2011
  6. Phil Summers

Darren Senior Member

This was fixed in firmware V3.50 (shipped with PICED V4.8).

For some reason it was not listed in the firmware version history.

Darren, Feb 15, 2011
Ask a Question