Problems DALI-CLipsal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by German_GGV, Jun 22, 2012.

1. German_GGV

German_GGV

I have a project due shortly, the project consists in a Building, mostly DALI protocol. I have a DALI gateway in every floor of the building, with relays, PCI and PASCAL, everything is programmed and parts of the building are functioning. The main idea of the building is to save energy with the DALI protocol, and that the building is possible to dim the lighting fixtures depending on the amount of natural light on the outside.
    So I have installed MULTI sensors in open spaces were people work and also in private offices. The thing is that I want to used both functions ?light level? and ?occupancy? at the same time.
    I?m sending you my Piced and toolkit programs, so that you can help me and help me solve two out of three problems I?m having. And you can see what could me problem be.

First problem: When the light level sensor is on the fixtures and the dali ballast that I have group together in a scene, after a couple of minutes start to dim down and then up, and it won?t stop. The people working there are starting to get mad. So I decided to disconnect this for a while, you?ll see in the logic engine the code I have written for light level and motion. The block tab, were you program the time of the sensor, could help resolve this problem?

Second problem: Is it possible to control a room or open room with both light level and occupancy at the same time?
    Example: a person walks into a office at 7:00 in the morning, the light come on with the presence but then the light level will manage and see the natural light outside and dim the ballast to a correct level the person needs to work with. If the person leaves the room for the next 20 minutes the light will come off.
    Is that possible?

As I already told you, these are big concerns with my client.

My third problem is mostly hardware. I have been having some troubles with 12 channels relays. Some relays have been working extremely odd, sometimes when I press the local button to turn on/off the relay, it won?t answer or do anything, it just stays that way. I don?t know what to do. After a couple of days the relay is functioning well, but I think it will happen again.

In other cases the relay will turn on/off a channel without any programming of a sensor, it just starting to do this.
    What should I do if the building or floor suffers a power failure and when it recover the breaker won?t go off? The recovery tab should help this right? How can I solve this?

German_GGV, Jun 22, 2012
  2. German_GGV

samluo

First problem: [When the light level sensor is on the fixtures and the dali ballast that I have group together in a scene, after a couple of minutes start to dim down and then up, and it won?t stop. The people working there are starting to get mad. So I decided to disconnect this for a while, you?ll see in the logic engine the code I have written for light level and motion. The block tab, were you program the time of the sensor, could help resolve this problem?]
    this question somebody else asked before, my suggestion is using analog sensor to control 0-10V ballasts instead, then the light may dim much more smoothly.
    if using digital sensor and digital ballast(DALI) , I suggest you to record the dimmed level and each time only add or deduct one level based on before level, and time must be slowly enough so people will feel more comfortable.

Second problem: [Is it possible to control a room or open room with both light level and occupancy at the same time?
    Example: a person walks into a office at 7:00 in the morning, the light come on with the presence but then the light level will manage and see the natural light outside and dim the ballast to a correct level the person needs to work with. If the person leaves the room for the next 20 minutes the light will come off.
    Is that possible?]
    of course you can . using a infrared body detect sensor or motion sensor. together with a light sensor.
    the most easy way is using a infrared or motion sensor switch(inbuild a relay with 20minutes to turn on/off the power) work together with a analog sensor to dimming 0-10V ballast.
    using digit sensor and DALI, you need to check the two sensors and send the commands.
    1.if somebody there,timer=0, check the light sensor and set the level.
    2. if somebody not there, timer+, if(timer<20min) do same as 1.
    2. if somebody not there, timer+, if(timer>20min) send lamp off command.

samluo, Jun 22, 2012
  3. German_GGV

Matthew

PEIRL multisensor

Hi
    Assuming you are using the 5753PEIRL multisensor.
    Q1: It sounds like you have a classic cycle of to much light, sensor turns light down, not enough light, sensor turns light up. This can be from poor physical installed location, or too tight a margin around your set point. So first try to increase the Margin around your set point. Depending on how much natural light you get will usually dictate on how big the margin will have to be.

Q2: It should be possible but there are limitations, particularly without logic. I had to install a separate PE cell in one job without a logic engine, as the multisensor could not do occupancy control and turn off the lights if there was enough natural light. I was really surprised at the time (about 4 years ago) as I thought this would be a basic function that the multisensor unit would be expected to perform.
    If you have a key input (c-bus switch) in the room/office as well as the multi sensor, then for the best energy efficiency / savings make it a manual on /auto off control strategy. That is when the person arrives they must turn the lights on. Then if there is enough natural light, the sensor won't auto turn them on, sense there is enough light then dim them down. Also you get savings from when people just go into the office to drop off mail or pick up a file, if this happens the sensor turns on the lights for the time out period (20min) in your case. If you have manual on they wont bother to turn them on and you save 20min electricity potentially every day in every office.

Cheers
    Matthew

Matthew, Jun 22, 2012
  4. German_GGV

German_GGV

Ok, thank you for your answers.

What I can see, is that the Multisensor can't work for both function at the same time? At this time I can't change anything in the project. I'm sure that the multi sensor work in both ways, at the same time.

I do have a logic working. I have a PAC unit in every floor.
    In the logic engine I have code written for the light level and motion. The thing is that I can't change to 0-10 V ballast. I have only DALI ballast. I will increase the margin of the light level. I think that the block tab in the multi sensor programming mix the time for the light level and occupancy. Maybe that's the way.

The wall switch if the solution for some offices I have already installed, but there are other offices without and open areas without the sensor. I need the multisensor to work as light level and occupancy at the same time.

German_GGV, Jun 22, 2012
  5. German_GGV

samluo

sensor model? multi sensor can be OK.
    Yes , margin and time may resolve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
    samluo, Jul 5, 2012
  6. German_GGV

German_GGV

Slc5753pierl

German_GGV, Jul 6, 2012
Ask a Question