Problem with Touch Screen 5000CT (black/white)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Sergey Antonov, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Sergey Antonov

Sergey Antonov

I hope somebody will help me. I have one problem while working with Сlipsal touch screen 5000CT. I downloaded the last versions of software(Toolkit 1.2.0 and PICED 3.4.0) from www3.clipsal.com/cis/downloads.php3 installed it on my PC ,made a project in PICED and downloaded it in the touch screen. It took about 5 minutes and showed that download was successful. After that I switched off the touch screen and switched on again. Touch screen started to reload ,by the way the picture in the beginning was displayed upside-down, and locked up in such state. After I switched it off again " Please program before use" appeared on the touch screen display and loading process was shown and stopped about 50 % ….. and it locked up again. Thus touch screen did not respond to any actions. And after restarting it locked up again on 50 % of loading. That's all!
    I don't know what else to do …………..
    And the second thing is that in PICED firmware download in the download window is not accessible. This function is not accessible in the earlier versions of PICED too.
    Please see attached screenshot.
    If you have any ideas please help!!! Thank you very much.

Attached Files:

Sergey Antonov, Jan 17, 2006
  2. Sergey Antonov

Darren Senior Member

Are you downloading via serial (RS232) or via C-Bus ? If you download via serial, it should take less than a minute. We don't recommend downloading via C-Bus unless you have a particular need to do so (because it is very slow and you can't update the firmware via C-Bus).

This indicates that the project failed to download correctly.

When you say it "locked up", did it just stop there and do nothing else, or did it re-start itself ?

What firmware version is in the C-Touch ?
    You can't download new firmware via C-Bus.

Darren, Jan 18, 2006
  3. Sergey Antonov

wanricky

Moreover, via RS232, you have to the cable come with the C-Touch and the C-Touch must be power up by C-Bus data line for the download to start.

Anyway you should have the firmware and monitor version information on the download page if connected properly. Not "unknown"...

For the upside down issue, C-Touch can be programmed with IR sensor above or under the screen. It is set in the initial set up page (can be changed later).

wanricky, Jan 18, 2006
Ask a Question