Problem with local networks

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by foradie, Feb 11, 2016.

1. foradie

foradie

In one of the projects I have much groups of light and other controlled objects and control devices, so I had to create two networks, both networks include all controlled objects, but control devices are devided between this two networks. So I have a problem, one of the movement sensors is placed in one network and the relay module in second one, so there is a problem with switching the light, that is controoling by this movemet sensor threw relay. What could be done to improve the situation without transfer thesensor from one network to another. Can be the problem in the bridge?

foradie, Feb 11, 2016
  2. foradie

jboer

Hey,

It should be able to do what you want, make sure that you have copy / pasted your applications between the 2 networks and that you have separate addressing for your group addresses. Then make sure that your bridges are addressed correctly. The address of the bridge on each network is the address of the network it is CONNECTING to, then in the configuration of the bridge make sure that 'Send to adjacent network' box is checked, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BRIDGE. Have seen many people get confused because they have done it on one side but not the other.

Have a look at this: http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/__data/page/2859/network_bridges_training_manual.pdf It is old but has all the theory in there, the pictures are very outdated though.

J

jboer, Feb 13, 2016
  3. foradie

foradie

Thanks, now everything works!

foradie, Feb 15, 2016
Ask a Question