Problem with cni

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Maxxum, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Maxxum

Maxxum

I am just setting up my cbus network, I have a 12 channel relay and an 8 channel dimmer with power supply ,and a dlt and a 5500cn hooked up and working with learn mode.
    I can not get toolkit to connect to it, I have given the cni a static ip with the lantronix software and port 14000 and i can scan it with the lantronix software, I can also ping the cni sucessfully, when I go to open network in toolkit I get " cannot open network, pleale check your connections. conections", the comm light on the cni flashes so they are communicating.

any ideas?

Thanks
    Dave

Maxxum, Sep 16, 2007
  2. Maxxum

znelbok

Had a similar issue recently. Turned out it was the port number.

I think I had to check the CNI via a web browser to see how it was configured. It was different to the CNI that I had previously used that was about 5 years old.

There used to be a rule that you had to subtract 10,000 off the port number, but I think that disappeared with toolkit.

Mick

znelbok, Sep 17, 2007
  3. Maxxum

darrenblake

CNI issues

Hi,

Try setting your port no. to 10001.

I set up 10 on a site the other day and found they preferred this port no.

darrenblake, Sep 17, 2007
  4. Maxxum

Maxxum

Thanks
    I will give that a try later and see how I get on, I currently have the port set to 14000.
    Dave

Maxxum, Sep 17, 2007
  5. Maxxum

Maxxum

I have changed the port no to 10001, when I search for networks in toolkit it finds the can at the ip address and port no but in the project name box I get "failed ti identify" message

When I go to my project in tree mode and set the ip address and port no some times it says running in the interface status box, when I try to scan for new units I get " failled to open project , check network connections.

I can connect to the network through my pac when I connect it and have scanned in the units including the cni into toolkit database.

Any help or ideas would be great

Thanks
    Dave

Maxxum, Sep 18, 2007
Ask a Question