Problem with C-Touch Color

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Daniel RM, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Daniel RM

Daniel RM

Hi!

I need to install a new C-Touch Colour, but It`s seem that C-Touch isn`t working well. When I connect power supply to C-Touch, the following happens:

-The screen is allways off, except of a short (less than a second) instant that it seems it light a little. Its happen periodically.
    -The speaker emits a sound like "Tak-Tak", always periodically with a period of 5 second aproximately.
    -The green and yellow ethernet conector lights periodically also.

When I conect C-Touch to C-Bus it is recognized by Toolkit and I readressed Group Adress fron 255 to 250, so I suppouse that this part is working fine, but the previous things happens.

If I press the button in the front pannel C-Touch seem to reset but after that nothing differente happens.

When I connect C-Touch ethernet to my laptop with a crossover cable and try to download a program with PICED , and try to connect to C-Touch PICED shows me a IP Address that I must accept pressing in the C-Touch screen but C-Touch screen dont show me anithing.:(

I dont know if I`m doing something wrong or is there another problem with C-Touch.
    I will be glad to hear any suggestion.
    Regards
    Daniel

Daniel RM, Jan 13, 2006
  2. Daniel RM

Richo

Is the compact flash card firmly seated in the C-Touch? (This is the samll card the size of a cracker biscuit that slots into the side of the unit).

Other than that is certainly sounds like you have a problem with the unit. Contact CIS to arrange a replacement.

Richo, Jan 13, 2006
  3. Daniel RM

PSC

Daniel,

Have a look at the power supply, is the green LED fully lit and in a solid state? or is dull and or flashing?

If you have a multimeter check the voltage coming out of the PS, make sure it is as per the the rated output on the bottom of the unit - I think it's 5 volts DC?

PSC, Jan 14, 2006
  4. Daniel RM

Darren Senior Member

The most likely cause is a faulty power supply. If the voltage is a little low (as suggested by PSC), you will get strange behaviour.

Darren, Jan 15, 2006
  5. Daniel RM

Daniel RM

I measured the voltage at C-Touch (with C-Touch on) input and I have 5VDC, but I have a doubt because in C-Touch is written 5,3VDC, what is the correct voltage at C-Touch inputs 5VDC or 5,3VDC?

I checked C-Touch Flash card and its seem to be Ok, conected to the slots.
    Its another form to check if C-touch hardware is working Ok , like booting up the system from network or from a hard disk. Because it a little dificult to me to Return C-Touch to CIs because I`m in Argentina.
    Regards

Daniel

Daniel RM, Jan 16, 2006
  6. Daniel RM

Darren Senior Member

It should be at least 5.3V while connected to colour C-Touch. You will need to swap just the power supply over.

Darren, Jan 16, 2006
  7. Daniel RM

Daniel RM

Ok there was a problem with the power supply I connected C-Touch with 5,5V and started to work well.
    thanks a lot!!!!!! now I will start programming C-Touch Colour!!!!:D

Daniel RM, Jan 17, 2006
Ask a Question