Problem after upgrading to 1.12.5

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Ashley W, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Ashley W

Ashley W

Upgraded Toolkit recently to 1.12.5 and for what ever reason it now doesn't want to work in so far as I cannot open my project network.

In the C-gate window I am getting messages that the network received an unknown response, I also think I saw one where it said it was garbling, but since I've downgraded and upgraded (see next para) I haven't seen that one again.

To rule out a hardware issue I downgraded to version 1.11.12 (Full) which was the last version I had installed on my machine, created a new project and was able to open the network and scan away. I then upgraded once more to 1.12.5 and same problem as before.

I have tried C-gate running in both console mode and as a windows service and the end result is the same.

Computer is running Windows 7 64 bit, ESET as the firewall/virus scanner, connection to bus is via an RS232 5500PC.

Any idea's or suggestions?

Ashley W, Mar 6, 2013
  2. Ashley W

DarylMc

Don't know if it is related but I have been having some grief with Java updates lately for another program.
    Windows7 32 bit.
    Java was still in the programs list but not in the control panel after running the last 2 updates.
    Had to uninstall and reinstall.
    Haven't tried using Toolkit lately.

DarylMc, Mar 6, 2013
  3. Ashley W

Ashley W

I thought that might have been the case, however in another thread about problems someone else had upgrading to an earlier version it was mentioned that C-gate now uses it's own private 'version' of java, so any other java issues should be unrelated.

Ashley W, Mar 7, 2013
  4. Ashley W

DarylMc

Hi Ashley
    I just did an uninstall and reinstall of 1.12.5.
    Windows7 64bit
    CGate as a service.

It's been a few months since I used 1.12.5 and wanted to refresh my memory.
    Since I am not at the premises I had to change the default interface address.
    I am also using CBus RS232 interface but accessing it via a serial to Ethernet device server.

Even though I used "Set Default Interface" with the correct address, Toolkit would not connect to my network via the open/close network button. After doing a network scan (F2) it works fine.

DarylMc, Mar 7, 2013
  5. Ashley W

Ashley W

Ok tried that but got more or less the same response. Crap in the console window and no luck finding anything.

I have attached a screen shot showing the errors I get and the console.

With the first part of the console that was doing F2, down the bottom I was trying to open the network.

Looks like the network interface is sick, but downgrade to an older version and it works so to me that rules out any hardware problem.

Attached Files:

Ashley W, Mar 8, 2013
  6. Ashley W

Ashley W

Managed to get this working by changing the USB to serial converter. No idea why it works perfectly in versions before 1.12.x but not on 1.12.5 (or any other 1.12.x version as I found out). Odd. Very odd.

Ashley W, Mar 18, 2013
  7. Ashley W

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Ooh, interesting. What USB/serial adapter were you using before? And now? If you can offer specific make/model details it will help the collective knowledge.

I wonder if the new serial library in TK 1.12.x has a different set of hardware compatibility.

daniel, Apr 23, 2013
Ask a Question