prob with nirt unit with daikin ac

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by stargaze, Apr 16, 2005.

1. stargaze

stargaze

i have 2 daiken ac units that need to be controled from the nirt unit the prob is that when you program both chanels with the daiken info in the groups
    only one chanel will work. this only happens with daiken ir codes all other ir codes work on the 2 chanels it seems that the nirt dosenot like both chanels on the nirt to be programed with daiken ir codes
    is thair any way around this problem ?

stargaze, Apr 16, 2005
  2. stargaze

Newman

Daikin Air Con codes are treated no differently to other types of IR codes so it sounds like a programming issue.

When you trigger the NIRT do both indicators flash brightly to indicate that IR is being transmitted on both channels or does only the first channel flash brightly?

When you right click on the Daikin IR codes that are supposed to be on channel 2 in the C-Bus side of the UI does the pop-up menu say that they are on channel 2?

Are the 2 Daikin Air Conditioners the same?

Newman, Apr 17, 2005
  3. stargaze

stargaze

the problemis with thr nirt unit ive talked to clipsal and thay can come up with the same problem as i have it only happens when you use both channels with daikn codes thay will look in to it but at this point i have to use 2 nirt units to get around the problem

stargaze, Apr 18, 2005
  4. stargaze

Nathan

I had the same problem two years ago with this same issue. I had to learn the same code twice from the Daikin remote on the split, call it a different group adress and then select one for ch1 and the other ch2

Nathan, Apr 19, 2005
Ask a Question