Price on Wiser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tobex, Jan 11, 2013.

1. tobex

tobex

I was wondering what a person would pay for WISER these days ?

I believe only some people can obtain it wholesale ?

tobex, Jan 11, 2013
  2. tobex

Brendan Rogers

Wiser home automation controller price.

Hi tobex,

The Clipsal Catalogue price for the 5200PG Wiser Controller is $1491.26 RRP inc GST, and the Clipsal Catalogue trade price is 20% less than this.

It would be in your interest to also arrange for a Clipsal C-Bus "pointOne professional" that is experienced and trained in Wiser installations to provide the assistance you require to get the most from your Wiser, and from your complete C-Bus home automation system.

Initially Clipsal Integrated Systems had a policy of only allowing its Partners (pointOne Professionals for domestic installations) to obtain and supply Wiser home automation controllers to customers. Clipsal did this to help ensure that Wisers would be provided with above a minimum standard of consultation, design, installation and programming support. This restriction was later lifted - as evidenced by the increasing number of posts on this forum seeking to know how to setup the Wiser.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    Brendan Rogers, Jan 11, 2013
  3. tobex

2SC

Having experience from other systems, like KNX, wiser price is not expensive for what it offers.
    For just 1.000euros, you get an IP device that offers:
    1. browser interface
    2. iphone, ipad, android FREE applications
    3. possibility for programming C-Bus from distance
    4. very easy, drag and drop programming (at least for lighting and shutter control)
    5. quite easy configuration, installation procedure - if you are member of this community (Thanks to Wiser-Pearls of Wisdom - Thank you Roosta)

2SC, Jan 12, 2013
  4. tobex

tobex

Plus some really enthusiastic guy who likes to help on IP issues on small networks. :cool:

http://www.cbus-shop.com/product_info.php?products_id=933

tobex, Jan 12, 2013
  5. tobex

tobex

Looking for used one also ... not fussy.

tobex, Jan 12, 2013
  6. tobex

Brendan Rogers

Brendan Rogers, Jan 13, 2013
  7. tobex

tobex

Thank you. I find that forum members know more about pricing and new products. I had thought about buying used screens but realised that it was too hard and too complicated. I then took into account WISER APP for ipad and thought it was a better option.

Obviously the list price and the WORKING price are two different things.

tobex, Jan 15, 2013
  8. tobex

tobex

There was a dealer in Castle Hill for CBUS. I have lost his contact details. Does anyone have them ?

tobex, Jan 16, 2013
  9. tobex

Ashley W

Though he is apparently prevented from selling any hardware unless it is part of a system he has some involvement in.

Ashley W, Jan 17, 2013
  10. tobex

tobex

Involvement can be arranged.

tobex, Jan 18, 2013
  11. tobex

Ashley W

What if you don't need involvement and just hardware? When he did sell without involvement it was a lot easier than trying to deal with the likes of L&H, TLE etc. Only saving grace for me is because I do data comms work my local L&H knows me so on my last purchase I got what I wanted at trade price. Just took time and dicking around, that I never occurred from C-bus shop until (I presume) Clipsal stopped him selling hardware without him installing/programming/designing it.

Ashley W, Jan 19, 2013
  12. tobex

tobex

I dont know what kind of Pandoras box I just opened but I do know that CBUS is only worth what you can get it for. I see brand new modules for all kinds of prices.

At the end of the day Clipsal doesnt want to refund a whole house because some guy really made a huge mess. I see it / hear about all kinds of horror stories when it comes to CBUS. 99.8% of the problem has been basic human error. But imagine how the customer feels.

There is some fundamental logic to having competent installers working together. I am not confident that WISER is for people who are not 100% comfortable in front of computers.

Why are we even debating this ?

tobex, Jan 19, 2013
  13. tobex

Ashley W

Two points.

1. I can walk into my local L&H etc and buy the same hardware, so why is this guy prevented from selling direct? The reason I don't like to do just that is the likes of L&H in my experience don't deal with C-bus all that much (maybe be increasing though), so there are often delays and lack of information whereas C Bus shop guy knows what he is talking about.

2. By your definition I am incompetent. I will tell you I am self taught, maybe I don't know it all, actually I know I don't know it all, I know I don't even know the half of it. But I am a communications technical officer by 'trade', I have also studied computer programming at Uni (but didn't finish as it was leading me nowhere), I work on telephone systems, Alcatel specifically which is a system that is infinity more complex that C-bus. So clearly I am no dummy and the system that I designed, built, installed (with the assistance of a licenced sparky for the 240v side) and programmed runs very well, so why should it be a pain in the bum for ME to buy hardware without having to pay a premium to 'buy' someone elses knowledge when I have sufficient knowledge myself?

So why are we debating? Well get off your high horse and you may well see.

Ashley W, Jan 22, 2013
  14. tobex

tobex

I dont work for Clipsal so I have no idea what you are talking about nor do I have any sway with Clipsal. You are talking at me and I have nothing to do with it.

tobex, Jan 23, 2013
  15. tobex

Ashley W

I gathered you didn't work for Clipsal, however reading YOUR reply to my comment about not being able to buy from a certain online shop without him having to provide input it looked to me like you were supporting the restriction of sale to just those in the magic c-bus 'club'.

Ashley W, Jan 23, 2013
  16. tobex

tobex

It appears you misread my comments. If I want input of any kind it is from the forum. To source one ASAP since the shop is basically out of stock.

tobex, Jan 23, 2013
Ask a Question