Power meter integration with C-Bus

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by nickrusanov, Feb 8, 2007.

1. nickrusanov

nickrusanov

I see possible integration through General Input or PAC. The question is: did anyone try this, if yes - please advise which models were used.

The reason is to control energy consumption on the site, have it on a Homegate screen and allow some Groups to turn ON or OFF.

Thank you

PS. I remmember there were some work with Powerlogic and C-Bus integration through ModBus interface in UK. Any success?

nickrusanov, Feb 8, 2007
  2. nickrusanov

ICS-GS

Nick,
    anything is possible...

www.circutor.com

These guys have maximum demand meters and current transformers which can have a transducer directly mounted to give you 4-20mA output. Have not used them with c-bus for load shedding before though.'

HTH

Grant

ICS-GS, Feb 8, 2007
  3. nickrusanov

znelbok

If you have an electronic meter (q3, q4 or p1 as an example) then it will have digital output that you can use. They pulse every 0.5kwh. I have a Q3 and a P1 wired out ready to go. I have done basic testing with it while waiting for the house to go up. They even have an RS232 interface and you can use a software package called EmpWin to configure the whole meter (as you can guess, its not really available to the public). There was a Read only version but that has been discontinued and I cant find a copy any where at all as this is all I want.

Feed that into an aux input module and if a counter is available you can do your own calcs.

The problem I have seen is that the bus is not designed for fast switching and you will flood the bus with this type of action.

You would be better of using a minder, ness m1, concept for this type of thing (although my experience with the ness indicates that it is too limited with its logic for my liking)

Mick

znelbok, Feb 8, 2007
  4. nickrusanov

justinlee777

Metering with GI or PAC

Gd day,

Hi, was replying your reply with GI (General Input) and PAC. Unless you need PAC to do some background logic like monitoring constantly of the GI readings and doing some switchover in case the voltage drops or send an event or something.

Your GI can be probably be connected to any metering device through a transducer giving a 4-20mA Load Output to your GI. Take note of the wiring and a 24V DC power supply for your GI.

One of the Rudolf transducers should suffice. Check with your local suppliers for such transducers.

You can refer to your C-Gate documentation installed on your PC for further settings / config on your GI

Cheers.

justinlee777, Jun 5, 2007
  5. nickrusanov

NorthUK_CBUS_Sales_Eng

Modbus to C-Bus gateway!!!

Nick,

I have heard rumours that there is a Modbus to C-Bus gateway either available in the UK or at least being tested. If so, you can use any Modbus meter (powerlogic, etc) and away you go.

Good luck,

Graham.

NorthUK_CBUS_Sales_Eng, Jun 6, 2007
  6. nickrusanov

2SC

Actually it is a C-Bus to Modbus gateway so it want make any good :eek:

2SC, Jun 6, 2007
  7. nickrusanov

Phil.H

Might not be quite that easy ;)

Phil.H, Jun 6, 2007
Ask a Question