Possible bugs - GetUnitParameter & Unit Parameter objects on a SHAC 1.07

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by tsman, Dec 14, 2017.

1. tsman

tsman

I've been having issues on a SHAC running 1.07 with devices that have unit parameters like the old 5031TS sensors.

The first is that using a script with GetUnitParameter generates an error about an "attempt to concatenate global 'group' (a nil value)" inside the C-Bus library for the GetUnitParameter function. The example in the drop down on the left for reading unit parameters gives exactly the same error. It looks to be a bug inside the internal C-Bus library based on that error.

The second is that a Unit Parameter object never updates even after changing default 20s poll interval. The unit address is correct and I can query the sensor using Toolkit. I'm wondering if this is related to the problem I'm having with GetUnitParameter. If the Unit Parameter object backend actually calls GetUnitParameter then it may be trying to run it but silently failing. The unit parameters for the SHAC unit itself does update.

Has anybody else managed to read unit parameters for something like a 5031TS on a NAC or SHAC running 1.07?

tsman, Dec 14, 2017
  2. tsman

NickD Moderator

Are you saying that the same code worked on a previous version, or are you just having trouble getting it working?

Are you sure you have the right network/unit address etc?

NickD, Dec 15, 2017
  3. tsman

tsman

> Are you saying that the same code worked on a previous version, or are you just having trouble getting it working?

Trouble getting it working. The 5500SHAC came with 1.07 which is the latest.

> Are you sure you have the right network/unit address etc?

Yes. I've tried it on two different 5031TS units and not been able to get a reading via the Unit Parameter object or the GetUnitParameter function. The 5031TS units do work as a CTC can poll them and so can Toolkit.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong with the Unit Parameter object or the GetUnitParameter function itself but there is always the possibility I'm missing something important. The GetUnitParameter example just uses the unit address and I've altered it to suit the network.

Has anybody else gotten it to work on a SHAC running 1.07?

tsman, Dec 15, 2017
  4. tsman

Memphix

We did an example of this in the training. It worked fine with the 5754ODPE device. Are you saying its a problem with the older devices or any in general?

Memphix, Dec 15, 2017
  5. tsman

tsman

Hmm. If you could query the 5754ODPE light level then that should be the same mechanism. I couldn't get it to work at all with a 5031TS. There weren't any light level sensors so I couldn't try it with other units.

It is a different parameter type ptTemperature vs ptLightLevel but I don't see how that would affect it too much unless the code branches in strange ways. It'd be an odd thing to have a change in the firmware then as well in the GetUnitParameter function.

I don't have a spare 5500SHAC at the moment so I can't really test it too much. I'll see what I can sort out. Thanks for confirming it worked during training.

tsman, Dec 16, 2017
Ask a Question