Popping from Doorbell ring tone

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Damaxx, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Damaxx

Damaxx

I recently purchased one of the new matrix switches and have programed the door bell to broadcast over all the speaker zones.

Unfortunately it lets out a large pop or cracking sound in some zones before it plays the door bell tune as if the speakers have gone from 0 - 100% instantly.

What would be causing this?

Damaxx, Jun 8, 2010
  2. Damaxx

Conformist

Hmmm not too sure. I'll follow up and see what I can find out. Got a fair bit on in the next couple of days, but will do my best to come back to you ASAP

Conformist, Jun 8, 2010
  3. Damaxx

Damaxx

Any luck Conformist? Dont mean to bump this thread but I am worried about my speakers considering each time I get a visitor my kids hit the deck and cover thier heads like its an air raid.

Damaxx, Jun 20, 2010
  4. Damaxx

Conformist

Sorry Damaxx. Haven't been able to repeat as yet. I'll PM you and try to get more details

Conformist, Jun 20, 2010
  5. Damaxx

NickD Moderator

Hi Damaxx,

Whilst the "right people" to look into this problem are present here, it's not the official channel for support, and we can't actually drop other project work to investigate.

If you want to make sure something happens (in relation to any issue).. the way to do it is to contact technical support. This way there is a case number, a record of everything that you've tried and the results, and if they can't sort it out, the problem gets escalated to engineering.

Nick

NickD, Jun 21, 2010
  6. Damaxx

Damaxx

Can understand that totally Nick and I would not expect my little quirk to push any other project work aside. The main thing I wanted to see was that I had not missed something obvious with my programming of the door bell or something else that was causing this problem that would be a "you forgot to click this... " response from the right people.

As conformist had stated that he was going to make some enquiries I thought I might just ask to see how he went before I start a case with tech. I had forgotten about it until Friday afternoon when the guy that mows our lawns hit the door bell and the tunes I had oh so mildly playing out the back went from 0 to 100%, POP!, then silence, then a coy "ding dong". The neighbor over my back fence was removing the washing off her line at the time and I dont know if you familiar with the band Messuggah that i had playing at the time... but needless to say I had to explain to her that no-one had just been murdered. :)

I will log a case with tech on Wednesday to get the ball rolling.

Thanks gents.

Damaxx, Jun 21, 2010
  7. Damaxx

>>aSh<<

Did anyone of you found any solution for the door bell problem? I have a customer who is experiencing this, everytime the bell is pressed there is a small burst of Radio on the speaker before you can hear the bell.

Solutions anyone?

>>aSh<<, Nov 7, 2011
  8. Damaxx

Damaxx

Hey ash. I sent my config to clipsal but they were not able to recreate the fault. I still have the same problem at home.

Damaxx, Nov 7, 2011
  9. Damaxx

>>aSh<<

Thanks for letting me know.... i will test this issue on friday and see if i can replicate the same fault on my matrix switcher . Will post outcome!!!

>>aSh<<, Nov 7, 2011
  10. Damaxx

>>aSh<<

I was able to replicate the door bell issue and have tried different things on software to rectify it but no joy. I will be testing a couple more of matrix switchers to see if problem is universal.

>>aSh<<, Nov 14, 2011
Ask a Question