Please help, I want to update 3 schedules using matrix function on PICED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Agodenzie, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Agodenzie

Agodenzie

Hi all,

I am helping out a friend/customer in a remote location, they want to change their schedules but the individual channels they want to be changed cannot be seen on the black and white touch screen. I can see how to change the schedule times on the Black and White Mark 2 controller but I do not know how to change the lighting group or individual channel settings, the customer requires different lights to come on than what is currently set in the schedule. Some of the lights that come on with the "breakfast" schedule they want to have off and others that are on they want set to a lower dimer set point, I have gotten as far as the scenes matrix on PICED and have updated all of the info I require in the Matrix. My question is how do I now save that info and upload it to the Cbus system so the new schedule will run?

The Cbus installation is about 17 years old and is not connected to a a computer network or the internet, it is simply 45 relys and dimmers connected through rs232 to a MK2 controller and thats it.

Agodenzie, Jul 28, 2022
  2. Agodenzie

Pc2022

you will need to connect directly to the bwmk2 with a pc/laptop to up load the changes etc.

as far as lighting groups you will need to know what channels on the relays and dimmers you want to switch.

you will need to go into scenes and find the one you need to change.

Are you rebuilding the project from scratch or do you have a copy?

Are you able to go to site if you cant can you email the project/drop box and talk the customer through how to upload it.

Pc2022, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Agodenzie

Agodenzie

I have a copy of the existing program, they have a few scenes they want to change and then i would like to schedule the scenes for "dinner" and "breakfast". there are schedules in the program but the currently don't control the lights in the dining area that the customer wants to come on automatically, the schedules only control the outside lighting.

Do I connect my usb to serial adaptor straight to the black and white screen RS232?

Agodenzie, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Agodenzie

Pc2022

Serial ?
    Bwmk2 should have a usb on the front under the glass.
    If not sounds like it could be a MK1
    Has it got an IR window at the top or bottom on the front of the screen (little round dot in the center)

If it is an older style with the RJ port at the rear of the unit you will need a cable

Serial to RJ45 (good luck finding a om cable) then a serial to Usb Adaptor

(a photo of the front/rear might help)

The other way is make your own serial to RJ adaptor (electronic store ie jay car or even ebay that is where i found mine ) then you will just have to wire the pins up if i can find mine will take a photo of the pin out.
    One of the other members on here may have a picture of the pin out.

With out that you may have trouble connecting to the older screen if i remember you could transfer across the cbus network to them (I wouldn't personally )

As far as the lights that are not being controlled and the ones that are that you don't want to.

You will have to work out the ones that you don't want to be controlled and remove them (duplicate the scene you are messing with and make sure its correct then you can delete the original and rename the one you worked on if required.)

You will need to find the groups if you have the tag names/GA great if not you will have to flash the groups on/off or work out the relay channels there on.
    Then add each one with a level to each scene you want them controlled in

Pc2022, Aug 4, 2022
  5. Agodenzie

Agodenzie

No worries,

I will go up there today and take a look under the cover for the usb.
    I have made changes in PICED on my laptop in the scene matrix settings function in the software on the channels I want to change. At the customers premises the scenes are currently manually turned on and off for breakfast and dinner at the touch screen and the customer wants them to come on automatically so on my laptop I have duplicated the channels from the dinner and breakfast scene columns that I want to come on at scheduled times and I have entered them into the schedule columns. Is it now simply uploading those changes via the usb cable and we are done or do I need to change the schedules somewhere else as well?

Agodenzie, Aug 4, 2022
  6. Agodenzie

Pc2022

Provided the touch screen is the only thing on the network that is running scenes and schedules it will be the only place you have to change them.

Look at adding a page so you can switch on and off the schedules ie if the customer is away or wants to turn them off for some reason or not.

Pc2022, Aug 4, 2022
Ask a Question