Planning new house build with SHAC based system. Best HVAC solution?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarkB, Feb 8, 2019.

1. MarkB

MarkB

I'm planning a SHAC based system for a house build starting later this year. Each room will have an eDLT, and I'd like use them to control ducted AC.

Any recommentations for the best way to do this? No decisions have been made yet as to which brand of AC to go with, so if any manufacturer has native C-Bus compatibility that would be ideal. I found an article regarding Panasonic 2018 units that states:

"For residential applications, Panasonic Ducted Air Conditioning and Mini FSV (VRF) will become ready-to-integrate to Clipsal's C-Bus control and also the Push home automation system"

Couldn't find any more info though...

I've also seen CoolMasterNet mentioned a few times but it seems an expensive way of doing it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

MarkB, Feb 8, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. MarkB

MarkB

So, I've been looking more into Modbus compatible products and found a company called IntesisBox that makes a number of Modbus interfaces for HVAC units. A unit to interface with Panasonic domestic AC is 210 euro....

https://www.intesisbox.com/en/modbus-hvac/gateways/

MarkB, Feb 9, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. MarkB

jboer

This is where modbus is perfect, at the end of the day you just want to be able to set the setpoint and have On/Off control on your AC yeah? And then just switch a zone motor in and out from your eDLTs? You could do that with most systems these days.

jboer, Feb 9, 2019
    MarkB likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question