PIRs Shedules Enabling/Disabling

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by airman1, May 16, 2011.

1. airman1

airman1

Having a little issue with schedules enabling and disabling 17 PIR sensors.*

Setup as follows:

7am schedule disables 17 PIR sensors
    5pm schedule enables *17 PIR Sensors*
    7am shedules sets all associated zones/group address to 0% (lighting zones)

Basically I need to turn all the lights off during the day and at 5pm enable the sensors to turn on the lights via motion at night.

The original programming when the project was completed was as followed.*

Schedules*
    Lights on at sunset*
    Lights off at 10.30pm and scene set to enable sensor to operate for the remaining night and also through the day.

I have changed the programming to suit the new setup but the lights are doing all sorts of things. Lights on permentaly , lights off and won't turn on via PIRs , lights that turn on only when other PIRs in different areas turn on.*

I know there can be many things wrong here but I went through and changed the required schedules , assigned new group address to enable and disable sensors (different to previous to group address)*

I have gone through the programming and there is nothing that I can see that i haved missed that could be causing the conflicts*

Is there something obvious that I haven't changed ?*:confused:

Or is there a better way of achieving what I require?*:confused:

airman1, May 16, 2011
  2. airman1

DarylMc

Hello Airman1
    I have a similar setup on a job.
    In my case bugs and rodents were activating the sensor quite regularly so I wanted to set a time at night for the sensors to turn off.
    There was a similar problem I had where the scheduler was running on the Colour Touch Screen and a PC with Homegate running the same programming.
    The schedules didnt work properly so I created a new project for Homegate without the schedules.
    Each of the sensors has its own schedule.
    In Toolkit I created groups eg "Sensor Front Door On".
    In the sensor setup I set this group to "enable" the sensor and used the same group address in Piced for the schedule.
    Also made a page on the Colour Touch with buttons to manually turn the sensors on or off.

DarylMc, May 17, 2011
  3. airman1

Darren Senior Member

Use the C-Bus Diagnostic software to log the C-Bus messages for a day or so. This should show you why lights are not doing what you expect.

Darren, May 17, 2011
  4. airman1

airman1

Thanks for your reply guys I will give them a try.

airman1, May 17, 2011
  5. airman1

airman1

Thanks for your reply guys I will give them a try and let you know how I get on.

airman1, May 17, 2011
  6. airman1

airman1

All sorted

Issue was hidden in second network and network bridge wasn't configured properly so didn't pick it up in the initial network scan.

airman1, May 21, 2011
Ask a Question