PIRs not using Recall levels

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by williver, Feb 20, 2020.

1. williver

williver

I've got several 5753L and 5753PEIRL sensors installed in my home. I have set the sensors to turn on a group when 'Any Move'. The issue I have is that I want to turn on the group to the level defined by Recall 1 (in the Blocks tab of the configuration screen). I have Recall 1 set to 25%. This works for some sensors and not for others. I've done a lot of trial and error and narrowed it down to the firmware version of the sensors. Firmware version 2.0.00 works fine and the sensors use Recall 1 as expected.

The sensors using Firmware versions 2.3.00 and 2.4.00 simply do not want to play the game. As soon as I change the Short Press micro function to Recall 1 (instead of On Key), the sensor no longer triggers the group on at all.
    Further investigation shows that with these more recent firmware versions, selecting Recall 1 on the Key Functions tab actually removes the PIR Occupancy event from that same group under the Occupancy tab of the sensor configuration screen. (starting to look like a design feature)

Does anyone know why this functionality was changed in the later sensor firmware versions?
    And more importantly how can I get the sensors to trigger the group at less than 100%
    I know i can code all this in PICED but that seems like overkill for what I'm trying to do.

Any information, thoughts or ideas much appreciated.

williver, Feb 20, 2020
  2. williver

Wonkey

Do you remember seeing this
    upload_2020-2-21_16-7-44.png
    You need to answer No so as not to clear the Occupancy Events. Hopefully then you can operate you PIR to trigger at 25%

With regard to firmware changes there was improvements and bug fixes that took place.
    In particular communication traffic when multiple PIRs sharing multiple GA's. this could cause networks to fail in commercial installs. Other issues addressed where sensitivity control of the PIR.

Wonkey, Feb 21, 2020
  3. williver

Matthew

Hi Wonkey, I was just discussing this issue yesterday, as I have it happening on a site. The PEIRL's onsite all have firmware 2.0.00 - hardware circa 2008. Did the more recent firmware actually fix/stop that?

Matthew, Mar 5, 2020
  4. williver

Wonkey

To the best of my knowledge yes the firmware was improved to resolve excessive traffic.
    To be more precise the issue appeared when multiple GAs where used in PIRs
    I would advice you to contact Tech Support in Adelaide as they have a full understanding of the problem

Wonkey, Mar 5, 2020
  5. williver

williver

Thanks Wonkey. Yep I've certainly seen that and kept hitting Yes. I should pay more attention next time. Cheers

williver, Mar 7, 2020
Ask a Question