PIR Timeout

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by jensenoz, Feb 26, 2018.

1. jensenoz

jensenoz

Hopefully this doesn't sound like a stupid question. ;)

What is the default timeout for a PIR scene? I don't seem to be able to assign a reset value.

Many thanks in advance.

jensenoz, Feb 26, 2018
  2. jensenoz

Ashley

Sorry, I don't understand the question. What is the actual device? What do you mean by pir scene? Have you created a scene in a pir and are trying to trigger it via the movement in dark/light event? (That won't work!). What do you mean by "Assign a reset value". (There are no stupid question, just confusing ones :) )

Ashley, Feb 26, 2018
  3. jensenoz

jensenoz

LOL!!! Your very kind Ashley and thanks.

Scenario: I've got a single light connected to a single port on a dimmer in a toilet. No wall switch exists in the toilet. I also have a ceiling based exhaust fan. I additionally have a PIR sensor in this toilet. I would like to be able to turn both devices on once somebody enters the toilet and trips the PIR and then have both items turn off after 2 minutes of no noted movement in the toilet.

I hope the above makes sense. ;)

jensenoz, Feb 27, 2018
  4. jensenoz

Ashley

Start but setting up the sensor to just control the light. Enter its group address in the 'motion in light' box and make sure "Use same response settings as Motion in light" is selected. Click on the 3 dots to the right of the function box and you will get a dialog where you can enter the time. Then go to the blocks tab and on block 3 or 4 (both should be unused) select the fan ga, enter the time for the fan under timer1, select Off Key for expiry and tick check boxes ML and MD. Untick SS and AM. Now the Motion in Light and Motion In Dark functions will control both groups. Note that the motion in light is designed to retrigger the pir if more movement is detected while it currently has a timer running (since turning on the light will put it into Movement in Light mode).

Ashley, Feb 27, 2018
  5. jensenoz

jensenoz

Many thanks for your response Ashley. Whilst the PIR that I am looking at doesn't quite match your instructions I applied a best guess which I think is correct. I should say that the reason I THINK it's correct is because I'm doing this config remotely.

The two group addresses are:

CABANA BATHROOM LIGHT
    CABANA BATHROOM FAN

I would love your comments if you have some time.

Attached Files:

jensenoz, Mar 1, 2018
  6. jensenoz

Ashley

That should work fine. On the simpler 5753 devices the function are fixed so you have to use the blocks tab to get one function to control two ga's. On your device setting two functions the same does the same job.

Ashley, Mar 2, 2018
Ask a Question