PIR Sensor turns off when light turns off

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by ashwix, Jan 31, 2009.

1. ashwix

ashwix

Hi All !!

We are experiencing a strange problem at one of our installations. The project in questions has PIR sensors in each of the offices.These are all set to a max time of 30 mts for motion detection.

We have observed that once the 30mts time is over, the light is turned off but the pink indicator on the sensor turns off as well. Once this happens the sensor does not respond to movement.

Since we are using schedule plus we have created buttons, which can switch on/off the relay channels for the light circuit in a particular room. If we re-trigger the relay from the schdule plus button the light turns on and the pink sensor indicator lights up again and becomes operational. Once the 30mt time expires it's stops responding again. I have replaced the sensor but the same problem exists, so i believe the fault is not with the sensor.

Has anyone experienced this problem before ??? Please comment.

ashwix, Jan 31, 2009
  2. ashwix

Lucky555

Didn't they cover this sort of thing in your C-Bus training course ???

Lucky555, Feb 1, 2009
  3. ashwix

darrenblake

Sensor issues

The LED indicator is working fine.

The LED is only active whilst the group address that is programmed into is "ON".

Whilt the PIR is timing out, the LED will blink once per second. Once the PIR timer has expired, it will turn off both the lighting load and the LED.

If the sensor is not triggering, try adjusting the ambient light level adjustment on the base of the sensor to the negative position.

I am also confused as to how you wouldn't know the LED function on the sensor!!!

darrenblake, Feb 1, 2009
Ask a Question