PIR Sensor (Sunset and Occupancy)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by johnny, Mar 16, 2007.

1. johnny

johnny

Hey people,

I have a 5753L PIR Sensor, and want it to be used as a PE Cell and a Occupancy Sensor. Occupancy side works fine, but i can't get the Sunset to keep the lights on while the Occupancy sensor is doing its business? what i want to do is have the PIR sw the lights on at dusk then turn off 4 hours later, after this then i want the Occupancy sensor to keep working throughout the night? can i do this without a logic engine???

johnny, Mar 16, 2007
  2. johnny

UncleSam

Use Switch Logic on the output

Give the PIR field a Group Address say 'PIR' and give it a suitable time out period or say 2 minutes or so) give the SunSet field an equally cunning address say 'SunSet' set the timer to 4 hours and expiry function to off key. Save that to th PIR unit

So far so good and I'm sure you're there already.

Now for the C-bus pixies to do their stuff.

In the output channel (I assume it will be a Relay) put 'PIR' in the channel field that switches the lights you want to have come on, then select the 'logic' tab from the bottom half ofthe relay GUI. you will see 4 lots of 4 or 12 boxes (depending on if its a 4 or 12 channel relay) on the lower left side ofthe GUI, in the say, top row put a tick under the number that coresponds to the channel you have the lighting circuit connected to, in the field to the left of that row use the drop down to select SunSet. Look Further down the GUI and under thechannel that we are working on make sure that the OR rather than the AND function is selected. Save that little lot to the unit.

So what happens now, When it gets 'dark' (dictated by where you set the light level control pot) the SunSet Group Address will come on for 4 hours, the PIR may also trigger and time out but because we are using OR logic if either one OR other of the PIR or SunSet Groups addresses are on the channel will stay on, so when the 4 hours is up the SunSet Group goes off but now the PIR group will bring the channel on every time it senses movement and then time out 2 mins after movement is no longer detected.

Hope this works for you, if it does please send money in low denomination un marked bills

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007
    UncleSam, Mar 16, 2007
  3. johnny

johnny

Cheers mate! sort money side out later! :)

johnny, Mar 17, 2007
Ask a Question