PIR Sensor - different lighting levels in its timed cycle

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by XHPBT1, Dec 23, 2012.

1. XHPBT1

XHPBT1

Hi Guys

I am trying to come up with a logic code to achieve the following

PIR is activated for 5mins

during the 5mins I would Like to start with 100% light level after 2mins and no PIR detection I would like to drop the level to 50% then at the 4min mark 10% then at the 5min mark 0% if there is an activation it ramps up back to 100%

keep in mind I have many sensors through out the house and would like to do this with all of them...

searched the forms cant find anything on this if there is please send me the link if known

cheers

XHPBT1, Dec 23, 2012
  2. XHPBT1

Brendan Rogers

C-Bus PIR staged turn off.

Hi XHPBT1,

The easiest thing to do would be to set the ramp off rate of all the C-Bus PIRs to a long value - the maximum value available is 1020 seconds (17 minutes), and there are 16 preset values to choose from including 300s (5 min). This would however step down in many more much smaller brightness decrements than you are seeking. You could however easily implement the final step down to 0% that you seek below by setting a minimum level of say 10% in the C-Bus dimmer channel, so that the dimmer output goes straight to 0% as soon as the slowing decrementing GA value goes below 10%.

If you really need to implement all of the the discrete brightness step-downs you describe below, then you could set all pirs with appropriately slow ramp offs as above. Then instead of using the same C-Bus GA to directly dim your lights, you could use a second GAs for the actual light level at the dimmer, and implement logic (in a PAC, touch screen, or Wiser) to convert the slowly decreasing GA from the C-Bus PIRs into the discretely stepped GA and light level that you seek.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
    Brendan Rogers, Dec 24, 2012
  3. XHPBT1

XHPBT1

Thank you for your reply

cheers

XHPBT1, Oct 24, 2013
Ask a Question