PIR programming problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by benfjo, Nov 28, 2005.

1. benfjo

benfjo

I currently have a very basic CBus setup whilst I'm finishing my selfbuild. The current system has a PIR setup in the entrance lobby and a single 6 gang Saturn. I setup the system so that when you triggered the PIR the lights came on to 1 minute, you could then use the Saturn to turn them on permanently. If you turned the lights on with the Saturn and then walked through the PIR area, the lights stayed on.

This has been in and working for a couple of months now. Over the weekend I had some very odd behaviour. Basically the PIR was still triggering the light. The Saturn was still working, however if you turned the lights on with the Saturn and then walked through the PIR area, the lights went off in 1 mins time. I do not understand where this is coming from and I have not (honest :)) plugged the PC and changed the programming.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

While we're here, how do I setup (or reset) the system to work as I had it before. I had a quick play to try and return everything back to how it was before but to no avail. How do I stop the PIR for triggering the timer when the lights are already one (and not originally triggered by the PIR).

benfjo, Nov 28, 2005
  2. benfjo

RossW

There are probably other ways, but I did this for the walk-in pantry, and walk-in robes in my new place by simply adding the switched group to the SENPIRSS "Sensor Enable/Disable" group and click the "Disable" button.

In my case, the Day-time movement group is "Pantry", function for short press is "Retrigger timer", time duration set to whatever is suitable, and then add for "Sensor Enable/Disable" group "Pantry" to disable.

HTH, RossW

RossW, Nov 28, 2005
  3. benfjo

Wilko

For this kind of setup, I do the same thing but with one difference - I add a new group address (eg PIR Disable) and have it controlled by the key input on the same button as the light. Then I use the address as a Disable control in the PIR, as per above post.

This fixes the problem, but doesn't explain why the operation of your setup changed. I can't help with that! My suggestion is just to apply this new setup and never worry about it again. ;)

Wilko, Nov 28, 2005
  4. benfjo

Nobes

Yep,

I do it the same way as Peter.

In the past I have found some strange things with PIR's that shouldn't happen. :confused:

Once again i agree with Peter, just update the programming and move on, it should fix your problem :D

Nobes, Nov 28, 2005
  5. benfjo

benfjo

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try tonight. It's come thing that I will need to get sorted at some point as I will have six PIR through the house doing this sort of thing.

JB

benfjo, Nov 29, 2005
Ask a Question