PIR Movement sensor E5750WPL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave.P, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Dave.P

Dave.P

Help!!
    I am new to c-bus and have installed it in my home. I have a PIR at the front of the House which I would like to control the Security Lights but would also like them to be operated on a switch. The problem is that when they are on and then the PIR is activated the lights then go off after the preset time,
    also I cant get the dusc till dawn to operate another group either!!

Any advice is much appreciated

Dave.P, Oct 23, 2010
  2. Dave.P

Newman

It sounds like you want to disable the motion sensor when you have turned the lights on manually. To do this, assign the same Group Address to the Enable/Disable feature. When the unit receives a command over C-Bus to turn the lights on, it will disable the sensor until the lights are turned off again. Then they will go back to C-Bus control.
    All you should need to do here is assign a Group Address to the feature. The amount of light at which sunset is determined is defined by the adjustment screw on the unit. The Group Address will turn on when the light level drops below this threshold and turn off again when either the timer expires, or the light level comes back above this threshold.

Newman, Oct 23, 2010
  3. Dave.P

Dave.P

Thanks very much Newman

I am still not quite there...

The dusk to dawn sensor part dose not seem to work can you advise on what the settings should be on the functions as I cant seem to get it operate,

Also what I would like to happen is that the security lights (soffit front and rear/side of Front Door operate on a switch at a set level and triggered by the PIR so the Door lights operate enabling me to see the lock, then return back to the pre set level (not off) once the timer has timed out.

Is that possible!!

Thanks again

Dave

Dave.P, Oct 24, 2010
  4. Dave.P

Newman

The settings you need for this are the default ones. In Toolkit the Sunset to Sunrise Function should be set to Sunset. All you should need to do is assign a Group Address to the feature, using the Group drop-down list at the top right of the window. To confirm the settings, go to the Functions tab and look in the 'SS' column. The four functions should be On Key, Off Key, Retrigger Timer & Off Key for the Short Press, Short Release, Long Press and Long Release functions respectively.

Go to the Blocks tab. Here you should see that the Group Address you want to control is in row 3. The duration of time that the lights will remain On when the ambient light level crosses the sensor threshold is defined by the Block timer. You can edit this by clicking on the Edit Function Details button on the very top right of the configuration window or you can do it on the Blocks tab by editing the timer value in row 3. You can also specify what happens when the timer expires by setting the Expiry command.

To test that it is working, set the light level adjustment screw on the unit to about half-way. Cover the sensor with your hand. The group address should come on. When you remove your hand the group should go off.

Attached Files:

Newman, Oct 24, 2010
  5. Dave.P

Newman

Not quite sure I really get what you're after here. Are you wanting it such that a C-Bus switch in your house turns the lights on and off with a dim setting? When the PIR detects motion, it brings the lights back up to full brightness and, when the PIR times out, the lights go back to the dim setting?

Newman, Oct 24, 2010
  6. Dave.P

Dave.P

Dave.P

Yes thats exactly what I would like to achieve.
    The dust to dawn problem has been resolved thanks to your posting ,thankyou very much Newman

Dave.P, Nov 1, 2010
  7. Dave.P

Newman

The best way to do this is to use 2 group addresses, one for the switch and another for the PIR. In the output unit, use Max logic to combine them. If you configure your switch as a Memory Toggle of 50% it will toggle the load on at 50%. Your PIR will turn it on at full brightness still, assuming the PIR is using the default settings. If both the switch and the PIR want the light on, the output will go to the maximum of both, so will be at full brightness.

Newman, Nov 2, 2010
  8. Dave.P

Dave.P

Dave.p

Hi Newman

As I am completely new to this system I am afraid I dont understand..
    Are you advising that I set a group address for the Switch and a group address for the PIR then go into the output unit(dimmer)and then logic and assign them to one of the channels!!

Dave.P, Nov 3, 2010
  9. Dave.P

Newman

Yep, that's exactly right.

If you get stuck, just ask.

Newman, Nov 3, 2010
Ask a Question