PIR dim to level then off

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Diggerz, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Diggerz

Diggerz

Hi

I have a project that requires the lighting within certain areas to dim to a fixed level after a period of absence then after a further period of absence turn off. If at any time motion is detected the sequence starts over.

I was wondering if there was a clever way to do this using the blocks and timers within the sensor itself? Or is logic my only option?

There will be a nac on each network so scripting is available but I’m looking for a solution where if the nac were to go down the lighting would still operate.

Diggerz, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Diggerz

Diggerz

I’ve ended up using an event based script but still keen to know if there is another way

Diggerz, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Diggerz

Ashley

You can only have a single timer active on one group address at a time, and the only way to trigger a timer in a switch is by pressing the switch, so logic is your only option.

Ashley, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Diggerz

Wonkey

If you are using a dimmer you could consider using 2 group addresses in the PIR ( with timer values different for each GA) and use the dimmers inbuilt logic. You are limited to 4 logic blocks in the dimmer and will have to set the radio button to MAX.
    You may have to mess around with the light level pot to find the right setting to allow the PIR to trigger Motion in Dark , when the second GA has the light held at a lower level

Wonkey, Apr 28, 2019
    Ashley likes this.
  5. Diggerz

Diggerz

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately the lighting is DALI. I wound up using 2 groups in the sensor with different time outs and some Lua logic.

Diggerz, Apr 28, 2019
Ask a Question