PIR control across networks

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Lethario, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Lethario

Lethario

Quick question for you all.

On local network (Ground Floor) I have a circuit (G1 4B) on relay channel 6. This is controlled via PIR 08 on the local network for 15 minute on movement. The circuit lights a stair well. Upstairs is Network 253 (First Floor) with a PIR at the top of the stairs (PIR 77).

If I have got this straight, I should set the network bridge to send to adjacent network, with application 1 as CA. PIR 8 & 77 have G1 4B as their movement ON.

The question is, do I set the application of the PIRs as CA or leave as lighting? If I set to CA, then do i also have to set the relay to CA?

Hope you can help, any further info you need I am happy to hand over.

Cheers

Lethario, Jul 20, 2005
  2. Lethario

Newman

Er, why are you using application $CA? It is reserved for remote triggering of Scenes, IR Triggering etc.

To get the messages through the network bridge you will need to configure the bridge to Send To Adjacent network.

Now you need to answer a question: Do I want all messages on my local application to cross the Bridge or only messages from that PIR?
    If you want all messages to cross then simply set your PIR, Relay and Bridge all on Application $38, i.e. lighting.
    If you only want messages from the PIR to cross the Bridge then you need to set the Bridge, PIR and Relay to some other application address. Please use one in the lighting range, i.e. $30 - $5F. Personally, I'd probably pick $39, i.e. the next one after $38.

Further Explanation: Network bridges can be set to forward messages on 1, 2 or all applications by configuring the Application 1 and Application 2 addresses. If Application 1 is set to "All Applications" then all messages will be forwarded across the bridge. If you define Application 1 and 2 then only messages on those Applications will be forwarded across the bridge.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2005
    Newman, Jul 20, 2005
  3. Lethario

Lethario

I must have misread a post on here which suggested setting to the bridge to CA for cross network triggering.

Thanks Newman

Lethario, Jul 20, 2005
Ask a Question