PIR and Micro Wave C-BUS Sensors

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by carlg, Mar 31, 2011.

1. carlg

carlg

Just trying to find out if Clipsal are ever going to gring out PIR/Microwave detectors, and if the existing PIR Range (NOT the 360 deg) but the the internal room PIRs are ever going to be nicer looking ie like alarm sensors. Just checking because they seem to be a bit dated.

carlg, Mar 31, 2011
  2. carlg

Newman

The best people to talk to about this sort of stuff are your sales reps. If people don't ask for what they want, then there's not much chance of it happeing.

Newman, Mar 31, 2011
  3. carlg

nickrusanov

People don't ask now. They just go and buy another system =)

nickrusanov, Apr 8, 2011
  4. carlg

tobex

Or even worse ... a different house.

tobex, Apr 9, 2011
  5. carlg

Nik

I believe the Clipsal 752/225CUI is both PIR and ultrasonic and can be connected to CBUS via Bus coupler or Auxilary Input.

{edit} Have just googled and realised ultrasonic and microwave are different things.. My mistake.. Ha Ha..

I agree that the 5751L (90 degree dome) is a bit ugly and outdated but I very rarely see anything other than the 5753L (360 degree flush) used in jobs now mainly because the 5753L looks better but also because it has a listed trade price of $9 cheaper, so why anyone would use the 5751L is beyond me..

Alternative to just using the 5753L is to use bus couplers or auxilary inputs and wire them up to 'standard' alarm type PIR's, downside is requires seperate power source but can work out cheaper.. Yes i have seen this done in a job..

Cheers,
    Nik

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
    Nik, Apr 11, 2011
Ask a Question