PICED to Minder Pro

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by janine, Jan 13, 2006.

1. janine

janine

Hi,

I have a minder Pro/Comfigurator alarm panel that i want to interface with the C-touch panel. only problem is i find the example extremely limited. only the basic alarm "activities" are mentioned in the manual.
    How can i trigger my own responses through the c-touch panel.
    can someone give me some ideas?

Regards,
    Janine

janine, Jan 13, 2006
  2. janine

Matty

Minder Pro - C-Bus

Interfacing Minder Pro with with C-Bus is done by programming 'Responses' in the MInderp Pro 'Comfigurator' software. All of this is to be done inside the Comfigurator software. There are a few steps and limitations as follows:

1. Programme C-Bus units with relevant group addresses (all group addresses must be <=127 for the sake of Minder Pro)

2. The C-Bus to Minder Pro interface is handled via counters in Minder Pro, a group address has a 1:1 relationship with a counter. Therefore navigate to [Events][Counters] and label each counter the same as the C-Bus tag. The end resut is that the level of the C-Bus groups addresses (0-127) with be stored in the counters (0-127). If counters are required in the Minder Pro project then the number of group address in the range of 0-127 must be reduced. Also setting a counter to a level will cause C-Bus to change the level of a group address.

3. Create responses that you would like triggered by C-Bus in [Events][Repsonses] as required.

4. Go backto [Events][Counters] and select a relevant response for each counter action.

Notes: Nesting responses is the most appropraite method of controlling C-Bus via Minder Pro and responses would appear as below.

Response to Counter 1: (C-Bus triggering Lounge Lamp)
    If LastUcmCounter = 0 Then
    Do LampLoungeOFF
    Else
    Do LampLoungeON
    End If

LampLounge in this instance would be the name of a Minder Pro output.

Reponse to control C-Bus from minder Pro:
    CBUS Ramp4 2 2 128

This sets [CBus] to [ramp over 4 seconds] [UCM (RS485 address 2)] [group address 2] to [level 128] [optional application number]. Default application is 56 (lighting).

Regards,
    Matty

Matty, Jan 16, 2006
  3. janine

janine

New C-Touch problem

i have sorted out the enabling of my responses. now i need to know how to do "real time" representation of the zones. in other words, the user wants to be able to go to the alarm screen and be able to see what zones are open/closed etc.
    but i have no idea how tone have any idea how to do this. any ideas?

Janine

janine, Jan 18, 2006
  4. janine

Potemkin

Janine,

The MinderPro is a rebadged Comfort Pro alarm panel by Cytech-Technology. The new Minder Pro II Ext is the Comfort Pro II Ext :).

The best information for this is available on Comfort's website:
    http://www.cytech-technology.com

Specifically, all the stuff you need for touchscreen is here:
    http://www.cytech-technology.com/temp/manuals/KTman.pdf (+-1MB)

I've had numerous questions about the MinderPro that could not be answered in the Clipsal documentation but then I did find the answers in Comfort's documentation.
    Good luck.

Potemkin, Feb 10, 2006
  5. janine

mikegriff

Instead of selecting Lighting select Application 1
    you should then be able to select satus
    Works with me if you get stuck I will look at my other settings
    Mike

mikegriff, Feb 10, 2006
Ask a Question