piced startup problems - no cgate

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by phcjpp, Mar 4, 2010.

1. phcjpp

phcjpp

Hi,

I am running toolkit/piced (latest versions) on a laptop that does not have cgate running.

Piced is not happy.

I run cgate on a server pc, toolkit is fine with this and works well.

As soon as I start piced it complains that it cannot connect to cgate and tells me to make sure its running and connected. If I start cgate up on the pc with piced on it then piced will start up but then complains when I try and transfer my project to the wiser as it can't find the details of my cgate project in the cgate directory on the laptop (cos its not there!).

Am I going mad ?

Why does piced need cgate before its even loaded a project.

Chris

phcjpp, Mar 4, 2010
  2. phcjpp

Darren Senior Member

PICED does not need to have a local C-Gate already running, but it does need to be installed on the local machine so that PICED can start it up.

That is correct. See above.

On the Project Details wizard, you need to select the remote C-Gate server. See the help file topic "C-Bus Project" for details.

Maybe, but I am not qualified to judge that ;)

It needs to be able to fill the C-Bus Project list on the Project Wizard form with a list of valid projects.

Darren, Mar 5, 2010
  3. phcjpp

phcjpp

Ah OK - so to summarize,

I need a local c-gate running with a copy of my project on any machine running Piced.

I presume the local copy of the project does not necessarily need to be up to date as long as it has the same name as the project that's actually in use on the remote 'real' c-gate (If it has to be up to date then it gets a little pointless having a remote c-gate surely)?.

Thanks
    Chris

phcjpp, Mar 5, 2010
Ask a Question