Piced - Save page as template

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Dave Byron, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Darren,
    This is what I want to do - move single pages from one project to another.
    The help file says;
    To save just the currently displayed page to a file, select Save Page As Template from the File menu.
    When using Piced 3.6 and using the above command with all the export options unclicked all the pages get save not just the current page. Its doing almost the same thing as “save as template”.

dave

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2006
    Dave Byron, Jul 11, 2006
  2. Dave Byron

Darren Senior Member

When you do a Save Page as Template, the currently selected page gets saved as a template file. The currently loaded project does not change, but the name of the template is shown at the top of the screen which causes confusion.

If you actually load the template file, I think you will find that it does indeed have just a single page (you need to leave the "Pages" selected in the export options).

Darren, Jul 12, 2006
  3. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Darren
    Got it - if you unselect the "Pages" (no pages) in the export it saves all pages, if you select "pages" (all pages) it save just one page. Strange logic there.

dave

Dave Byron, Jul 12, 2006
  4. Dave Byron

Darren Senior Member

Not quite right. If you unselect "pages" it doesn't save any pages. If you select "pages" it just saves the current page.

I will tidy this up a bit for the next release.

Darren, Jul 12, 2006
  5. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Darren
    The currently loaded project does not change, but the name of the template is shown at the top of the screen which causes confusion.

This what causing the confusion, when I have a look at the file that was created you are correct (again).
    The above needs to be added to your tidy up - do not change name at top of screne.

dave

Dave Byron, Jul 12, 2006
Ask a Question