PICED logic engine bug

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Ashley, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Ashley

Ashley

Here's an interesting bug I have come across in the PICED logic engine.
    I was experimenting with the SetSceneOffset function to find out if the percentages were relative to the set value or full scale (as it turns out they are relative to the full scale). I started with a scene set to 50% then issued a SetSceneOffset("Scene 8", 10%, 0) which set the groups to 60% as expected. I then changed the sign of the offset so the function was SetSceneOffset("Scene 8", -10%, 0) and it still set the groups to 60%. Hmmm. I tried a number of different values with the same result. For a while I thought it was just ignoring the sign, but suddenly I could only get -ve offsets and removing the sign had no effect (i.e. the offset remained -ve). After much experimenting I discovered if you just add or remove the sign without changing anything else, the logic engine doesn't seem to recompile the logic. If you change anything else in the module, it all works as expected. If someone ever looks at this I would be very interested to know how such a bug is possible :)

Ashley, Mar 15, 2017
Ask a Question