Piced Initialisation Part

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Josh, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Josh

Josh

I am assuming that the Initialisation Part of the PAC Logic Program runs only once, that is when the unit powers up and possibly after each program transfer.

Is there any condition that would cause the Initialisation to run again and again? Maybe a crash?

The reason I ask is.

I have a module that has once (A<>B) {DOSTUFF}. All worked well until after a power cut and the module stopped running. I then added code to initialize A in the Initialisation Part. All seemed okay, but there are cases where A would be initialized again and again. I changed the ramp rate of initialisation Part to clarify which was the line of code responsible, and it looked like it was in the initialisation.

Can anyone shed a light on this?

Josh, Feb 22, 2006
  2. Josh

Darren Senior Member

The initialisation part will only run once each time the logic engine is started. If you have certain run-time errors, the logic engine may get re-started. A quick look at the log will tell you if this is happening.

Darren, Feb 22, 2006
  3. Josh

Josh

So, if the log shows that the Initialize is being executed, how do you identify the logic that might have causes this run-time error?

Josh, Jan 15, 2010
  4. Josh

Darren Senior Member

A message will be logged with the run-time error number and the logic line number.

Darren, Jan 15, 2010
  5. Josh

Josh

Thanks Darren,

I was looking at the CbusToolkit's application log via the PC Interface and (and based on the GA changes identified the issue). Which log shows the run-time error number?

Josh, Jan 15, 2010
  6. Josh

Darren Senior Member

The PICED log. This has nothing to do with ToolKit.

Darren, Jan 15, 2010
Ask a Question